It is allowed to make a mod with posters of apocalyptic movies?

Wili

Hi, I would like to make a mod with apocalyptic movie posters for placing it using the workshop.

I would like to include posters of Teminator, a boy and his dog, miracle mile and movies like that.

It is allowed or will my mod be removed because of copyright?

Thank you!

Edited by Wili

I don't know about copyright. I'm sure that you can make that kind of mod as long as you keep it to yourself. If you planning to share it, be sure to alter the picture little bit, so it won't look " exactly " look like the apocalyptic movies cover.

if the picture have no copyright intact on its free use then you can do that, you could make a random name out of posters and use photo bashing trick on that mod i always do that.

It's a bit weird. It's like how no one in zombie movies is familiar with zombie movies as an archetype. No one is like "oh hey, it's a zombie, you know like in movies, if i remember correctly they eat brains"
The same goes for these posters. You're breaking the fourth wall

Thats something I doubt the movie companies would claim as a copyright violation. Yeah lets sue the free advertising for using the material we made for advertising purposes being used the way we made them to be used in. The only way they would say anything is if you photoshoped their text off the poster and replaced it with your own for your own ad or try and sell the ad photoshop or not. But that still doesn't change the fact that they are protected under copyright law as the movie they advertise is. So same rule applies as anything, permission to use unless it is in the public domain.

The idea is to use the original posters and put a little dirt into them, all posters seems to have copyright, but as the mod would be free it will be banned if I upload it to nexus? the idea is to make a mod and share it for everyone.

I think it would be nice to have these posters for using it in settlements.