patching help

crudius

Hi,

Doing a fresh reinstall now....

Installed Oblivion and all DLC

Official patches

Unofficial patches

Now im trying to install Unofficial patch supplements (3.3.6) via OMOD

When i create the OMOD the message tab pops up saying UOP.esp already exists, do you want to overwrite it? and the same for USIP/UOMP and then a load of text/mesh/voice file overwrites. I let it do it the first time, but then the game would'nt even launch!

So had to reinstall UOP and USIP and UOMP.....and at the same stage again.

Is this right? or do i say no to all the overwrites?

Have installed these before and dont remember having file conflicts? and this is a clean install....

Edited by crudius

The supplementals do overwrite a fair few of the other unofficial patches, yes.

You say it's at the CREATING stage you get the popups? There should be no duplicates at that stage, only once you overwrite the patches when the omod is installed.

Hiya,

Hmmm, its weird....have the Supplementals in omod format already from previous install.

so dropped it into OMOD (green icon on right) clicked on it to create and i get the pop ups.....but surely i dont want to over write patch.esp's?

I'd say try installing the supplementals manually after installing the rest via OMOD and see how that goes. The supplementals overwrite a lot of the meshes, textures, and have newer scripts (hence the need to overwrite the old plugin).

I'd say try installing the supplementals manually after installing the rest via OMOD and see how that goes. The supplementals overwrite a lot of the meshes, textures, and have newer scripts (hence the need to overwrite the old plugin).

reluctant to try a manual install.....if i get the same problem,its a lot more messing around to resolve and back track?