Need some GECK help

Guy97

Hello, I recently picked up the GECK. I am a complete noob with it, I was porting over a F3 mod for my own use. I got to the part where I have to choose a place in the Cell View for it. However; there is nothing I can choose from. I can't change it from Interior to Exterior. Interior is the only option. Someone please help.

There is no way to change a cell from an interior cell (inside a building) to an exterior cell (in the landscape) or vice-versa. What effect are you trying to achieve? Perhaps we can suggest another way, if you describe more about your goal.

What is happening, is that I start up the geck, select the FNV ESM and the esm I made for the mod, and then I go to the cell view and it's blank. There is nothing to select. It is on interior. Selecting exterior is not an option. There are no cells to choose from.

Edit: When I also go into certain sections in the object window, there is nothing there. In the armor specifically, there is nothing in there. I have loaded the FNV esm up.

Edited by Guy97

No, I don't think so. I have been really following this video though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMpXrNm71o&feature=player_embedded

What happens is right when I get to the area around the 5:21 mark, just imagine it's all empty. I don't have choices to choose from for what cell to put it in. It's like he's still at 4:53. My best guess is that for some reason it is not loading the Fallout NV Esm.

Edit: So after looking around the Bethesda site, I found out that the GECK that was linked/that I downloaded wasn't the newest GECK.

Edited by Guy97

The GECK can't load multiple .esm files by default, which according to your above post is what you're doing. This guy is just loading a .esp. You'll have to change bAllowMultipleMasterLoads in your GECKCustom.ini file to 1. So it should look like this:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Hopefully that works.

Ok, what happened was I had dl'd the wrong GECK. However; I have another noob question. I can't seem to get the container I placed in the Prospector's Saloon to appear in game. I have it there in the GECK, but it is not appearing ingame.

Yeah, I have even tried to switch to just a Sarsaparilla Crate in there, I have it unique so that not every crate in the game will get the inventory, however; the items are still not showing up in my game.