Dynamic Oblivion: Tamriel United

DingerDan

Tamriel United is an idea that I and Bencebence are working on, and it entails making all of tamriel (i.e High Rock, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Morrowing, Summerset isle etc.) a playable worldspace, lore-friendly and based on the previous games.

The reason I'm posting here, is because we need a LOT of people to make this work.

Take the poll here: Link to the Dynamic Oblivion forums

Edited by DingerDan

I'd very strongly suggest making it compatible with the worldspaces people have already developed into playable areas, such as Elsweyr the deserts of Anequinae, and hammerfell - most people who currently want an expanded worldspace will have already added mods of that complexity to gain what they want, and replacing someone elses's lore-friendly and mostly debugged area with your own unknown quantity may be a minus point for interesting people. At the very least, your areas should be in separate ESPs so that they can be left out if desired, and have borders matching the existing mods.

I'd also suggest looking at the Tamriel Heightmaps mod. (Edit: Or equivalent - just looked at the forum page)

Edit: Your link above seems to have an extra http:// on the front

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Sorry about that, rushed the thread cause I was running late for work :( And yeah. we've taken those things into consideration - The heightmaps we're using are fully compatible with the elsweyr mod as far as I know.

:) In that case, may I suggest one of the areas NOT yet covered by other current mods. Elsweyr, Hammerfell and Morrowid are certainly covered already, and Skyrim is due out soon so you probably don't want to tackle that until you can make it match reasonably well with the new game.

The sweethearts over at Silgrad Tower (somewhat a subsidiary of Tamriel Rebuilt) are doing a FANTASTIC Black Marsh mod that will, for my money, surpass Anequina in terms of complexity.

I don't think ANYONE has even considered doing the Orc homeland yet.

The thing is this: a "Beyond Cyrodil" region mod is one of the most demanding and labor intensive things you can do as a modder. Expect lots of sleepless nights. Maybe a year's worth.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who don't wish to use Tamriel Heighmaps simply because its sort of all inclusive, and with the exception of Elsewyr, is not compatible with most of the expanded worldspace mods as is (I.E, Valenwood Improved, Skyrim Improved, Hammerfell, etc.) I love, love, love Valenwood Improved and I wouldn't want to lose that mod.

So there's some food for thought, hombre.

Those mods will not conflict with this. We promise. :)

I think, if we're going to overhaul the whole thing, we may want to contact the original authors of the mods, and ask if they;d be interested in collaborating. That's certainly what I set out to do when I made Dynamic Oblivion, a community-centred collection of mods.

Well that's super awesome. It can be something like Better Cities, except with heightmaps and regions instead.

I think a good "starter" would be with a few villages in each providence. That way, you don't get bogged down with huge cities and dungeons and whatnot, something small to spark interest. Personally I'd love to see some High Rock and Hammerfell villages with all of those custom tile sets. As time and interest gains traction ya'll can move on to bigger and cooler things.

I'd love to help out with that stuff.