Dynamic Oblivion: Tamriel United

DingerDan

Well that's super awesome. It can be something like Better Cities, except with heightmaps and regions instead.

I think a good "starter" would be with a few villages in each providence. That way, you don't get bogged down with huge cities and dungeons and whatnot, something small to spark interest. Personally I'd love to see some High Rock and Hammerfell villages with all of those custom tile sets. As time and interest gains traction ya'll can move on to bigger and cooler things.

I'd love to help out with that stuff.

We're in desperate need of some good .nif-ers, who can create meshes that fit in seamlessly with the rest of the oblivion tileset. There's nothing worse than bad modeling. We also need texture artists... But not that badly. Bence and I are both okay at retexing, we could make some makeshift texes before the need arises...

PS: I really hope Bananasplit lets us use better cities in our mod. It's a wonderful mod, and it entails what Dynamic Oblivion is all about. I really hope to be able to use it.

Remember each region will probably have its own architectural style - just using the Cyrodiil tilesets everywhere would be showing a lack of thought and planning. Think about the climate for each area, and look at historical housing form similar climates around the world. Example - dry and bot, coastal areas - maybe look at Spanish or Portuguese villages. Also think about temple design - Cyrodiil uses something close to European Gothic, but elsewhere in the world different styles should be more likely. Edited by MarkInMKUK

Remember each region will probably have its own architectural style - just using the Cyrodiil tilesets everywhere would be showing a lack of thought and planning. Think about the climate for each area, and look at historical housing form similar climates around the world. Example - dry and bot, coastal areas - maybe look at Spanish or Portuguese villages. Also think about temple design - Cyrodiil uses something close to European Gothic, but elsewhere in the world different styles should be more likely.

I've played every TES game, and I think I could provide a pretty insightful view and interpretation on the styles, but as I said, collaboration is the key to this project. If you (or if anyone does, really) want to help, please please please please PLEASE sign up to the forums.