Questions about OOO

NocturneNight

Decided to post this in a new thread as I couldn't get any replies in the other topic:

I have been playing Oblivion now for 300 hours on this iteration (first I spent ~140 hours on...) of my first character - but I still consider myself an Oblivion newbie, atleast when it comes to mods.

Currently I run with Franscesco's, but it's still not quire cutting it for me so for my next character I would like to try out OOO instead, however there are some things that worries me about OOO. First of all, I'm only about halfway through the main quest because the character I'm playing is evil and has no intention of helping to restore the order (I actually regret starting it altogher...but then again, you have to if you want to have access to Oblivion Gates). I'm wondering if you would recommend actually playing through the main quest before bothering with OOO? I'm afraid of what impact the mod will have that quest, similarily with Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, etc, who I haven't even touched yet. Other than that, I feel like I have a good grasp of the game mechanics, monsters, etc.

For me, it's not so much the leveling system per se that bothers me, it's the leveled loot. The fact that that bandit cave right at the starting zone will contain roughly the same loot as some far-away hidden ruin, makes exploration completely redundant. I especially hate how they treated artifacts in this game... And also the money. I just cleared out a necromancer den and made ~10k gold by selling the potions and scrolls they dropped. I want aquiring money to be challenging.

So yeah if someone could explain alittle on how exacly OOO goes about changing the world, that would be very much appreciated. Will the Arena also have static opponents, for example? I haven't touched that, either. Should I play through the Arena quests with my current character to get a feel for how/what changes in OOO etc? So, my dilemma is that on one hand I would like to try something new, but on the other, I'm afraid that OOO could possibly ruin my experience of certain quests etc..

EDIT

Oh and also, I've found playing an evil character isn't that fun in Oblivion because most of the quests are completely linear. Heck, my fame is greater than my infamy... Now, I could always go and slaughter a bunch of innocent civilians, but that's not really fun is it? :/ So feel free to add some recommendations on mods that would enhance the experience for someone roleplaying an evil character. Sorry bout the long post, meh.