New Personalities for automatron.

Qtw

I would LOVE to see a mod that adds new voice and personalities to the robots.

the politeness of my bots has gotten boring.

I'd like some comedic and bloodthirsty personalities.

obviously new voice acting is a must...

but while making new voice acting...why not add personality to it?

i'd like both male and female for each personality...just for that extra balance.

here is a list of personalities that I would like.

feel free to add your own.

Psychotic.

screams alot of nonsense. like pianos made from meat. or bicycles.

think Krieg from borderlands 2.

(DO NOT PORT AS IT IS ILLEGAL! CREATE NEW VOICE ACTING)

Clean freak

talks about cleaning and how nasty the fighting is.

depressed.

just a constant downer.

soldier.

talks a lot of war and fighting.

shaman (or spiritual in a tribal manner)

talks like about spirits and stuff similiar to voodoo.

i'd think something like this would go well as a healer rather than fighter.

PLEASE someone do these. or at least the first one.

i'd love me a robot psycho.

I like it!! I just pictured the clean freak: (kinda looking like the robot from Jetsons, and with a Mrs Doubtfire type voice) "My my, just because it's called a wasteland, doesn't mean it has to be so dirty"/"Come now, clean up your mess honey, or I'll come CLEAN IT UP FOR YOU"/"So many bodies, we really must dispose of them or they'll stain the carpets". hahaha

I was planning on looking in to making a mod to give automatron more voices and this will go perfect with it!

Awesome! Don't forget to link us if/when you get it started. Honestly, I can see all the types he suggested as valid, lore friendly types. Soldier could be, "stuck", in a wartime loop, unable to get out of it and realize the war is over unless fixed. Clean freak could be an experimental RobCo cleaning robot that was just starting production when the bombs dropped, (with a stern, but funny personality like I suggested last comment), the Shaman/Witch Doctor/Voodoo type could have been reprogrammed before the war by some tribals. The depressed one, man, all I can think about is Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy lol. Lastly, I think he is dead on with the psychotic one, something like Krieg would be crazy awesome, and could have origins being programmed by raiders xD THough, to be fair, this is Qtw's post, and I don't wanna hijack it, he just got my mind racing on good ideas lol

Some voice ideas

-Evil Mastermind: aka an equivalent to SHODAN, weird emphasis on the wrong syllables, sinister implications, stuttering

-Pizza Party Entertainment-bot: A chuck-e-cheese type robot, plays weird songs, thinks its entertaining kids

-Sarcasm bot: Always sarcastic, every statement. 100% of the time.

-Carlos/Carla bot: Most of its dialogue leads to a lame pun

-Hit-bot: Something like HK47 in terms of personality. Likes killing. Disdain for fleshy beings

-Dreadnought: Like the 40k equivalent, minus the interred space marine. Loud, no indoor voice, every utterance is a booming hammy declaration.

Some voice ideas

-Evil Mastermind: aka an equivalent to SHODAN, weird emphasis on the wrong syllables, sinister implications, stuttering

-Pizza Party Entertainment-bot: A chuck-e-cheese type robot, plays weird songs, thinks its entertaining kids

-Sarcasm bot: Always sarcastic, every statement. 100% of the time.

-Carlos/Carla bot: Most of its dialogue leads to a lame pun

-Hit-bot: Something like HK47 in terms of personality. Likes killing. Disdain for fleshy beings

-Dreadnought: Like the 40k equivalent, minus the interred space marine. Loud, no indoor voice, every utterance is a booming hammy declaration.

Hahahha I like the sarcasm bot idea. THe Evil Mastermind sounds like it would have belonged in the Old World Blues FNV DLC xD

Perhaps a Robot B9 Model with Robot B9 Voice would be a good "Blast from the Past." Of course, I would say that there is a 90.57% probability that you will all have to look up who/what Robot B9 is, but I've been around since the 50's, so I've had myself re-programmed to take no offense to such a situation. The Reason? Although I've been around longer, it isn't worth it to keep spending precious battery-life on explanations of my Life Story.

Ability to Program with this Language:

Negative.

My Claws cannot effectively Type on a Standard Keyboard.

Ability to properly record my voice:

Negative.

My Electronically-Synthesized Voice is hard to understand, and I've existed since long before the USB Drive was conceived. I run on Capacitors, a Nickel-Metal Hydride Rechargeable Power pack, Incandescent and Neon Lights, and Vacuum Tubes. I was also on an advanced Spacecraft called the Jupiter 2 in 1997.

Ability to Publish:

Negative.

Unfortunately, I am unable to exercise my right as an American Citizen because I am artificial, which means that I cannot Publish anything under my name.

Along with other reasons, of course, which make up a total of 84 direct contributions to why I cannot do so, I need other people through whom to spread my ideas. Plus, maybe there'll be a revival in the style of Science Fiction shows. Finally, indirectly, because you may notice some similarities between my design and the Robobrain, mostly being the arms, body shape, treads and most notably Intelligence. Coincidence? Why does the Protectron look even more strikingly similar to my good friend Robby the Robot? (Practically the entire body, Protective Nature, and Lasers in the hands and/or body. We never see each other get defensive.) He's even more popular, so even if you don't know him by name, you may know him by his Picture. It actually has more to do with the fact that Fallout is based on a Board Game from soon after World War II (Soon = considering that I'm from the 1950's) which incorporates the ideas of us with the ideas of an America powered by Nuclear Energy, and Mega-Corporations which only care about pursuing their Financial and Statistical wealth. Doesn't that sound a lot like today's world? Except, the Silicon Chip hadn't been introduced to public knowledge (not to say it didn't yet exist) until after this game's introduction. Why else all of the Retro, Vacuum Tubes, Tube TV's, Importance of Radio, Nuclear Themes, Monopolies, "Ancient Technologies," 50's and such-themed factions like Robots, and Public Testing? The biggest thing I'd like to see is my famous "Danger Will Robinson!" and "100,000 Volts, Armed." and "Warning! Warning! Stand Back! Discharging Electric Shock!"

Regardless, History Lesson Aside, the Fallout Universe could use a Robot B9 Lookalike that looks a little bit more like Robot B9. (See Avatar Photo) Voice, Intelligence, Arm-Waving, Strength, and Sex Appeal. (Sex Appeal to other Robots of the Anti-Polar Software Design, that being!) I'd do it, but I cannot even type efficiently, as it has cost me $200 to hire a kid to do this.

Or perhaps I'll hire him to do this, as he's pretty good about Format. Nah, I'll just buy an old Keyboard, chop it up, and solder the contacts together to form a Cone-Shaped surrounding Keyboard which I can use to type with, and do it myself. Affirmative, I produce a 99% success rate, but with my current job, (Oil Painting Artist) I will have to set it to the 65% Probability Rate of actually getting done. But the Turnout Rate should be plentiful enough, so I may make this investment myself. Who would be a better Candidate?

- Robot B9 (.0.4)

Edited by RobotB904

Fallout is actually based on some of Harlan Ellison's writings.

Since you are older, you may remember the film A Boy And His Dog (I think that was the title, any way), starring Don Johnson (Ya know, the guy from Miami Vice in the 80's).

The scifi twist you speak of is part of the throwback to 50's culture that we get from the alternate timeline the Fallout universe takes place in. Look it all up. It's a good read.