Quest Script

bencebence

I'm an old-fashioned programmer, so one suggestion I'd make purely for readability is - use brackets!

I'm assuming that "if BanditLeaderRef.GetDead && getstage RaivenDungeonQuest == 10" is supposed to mean "if BanditLeaderRef.GetDead && (getstage RaivenDungeonQuest == 10)" rather than "if (BanditLeaderRef.GetDead && getstage RaivenDungeonQuest) == 10", but if you use brackets to be certain what is being tested you guarantee the expected result - I've seen occasions where a compiler picks the wrong priority for functions.

He's safe with the order of events in that line, it evaluates left to right. (I know what you mean though, Im a C coder and the lack of syntax enforcement in the CS makes me a sad coder)

Your quickest way to check is simply add a messagebox with a value in it, so for example:

scn RaivenCryptQuest

short debug
short debug2

Begin GameMode

if player.getincell aaaundeaddungeon1 && getstage RaivenDungeonQuest == 0
               setstage RaivenDungeonQuest 5
               addtopic undeadhelp
       endif

if getstage RaivenDungeonQuest == 10
               player.addspell SummonZombieHelpers
       endif

set debug to BanditLeaderRef.GetDead
      set debug2 to GetStage RaivenDungeonQuest

MessageBox " Test conditions are %.0d %.0d",debug,debug2    

if BanditLeaderRef.GetDead && getstage RaivenDungeonQuest == 10
               MessageBox "Test passed, setting values"
               setstage RaivenDungeonQuest 15
               addtopic UndeadEnd
               player.additem MagicalGem 1
       endif
End

You will only get one messagebox, so you will either get one saying you got the right execution path, or one telling you why, and from there, you can know what is wrong.