Landscape texturing

bencebence

Hey everyone!

I'd need a bit of help again.

We started using the heightmap to recreate Tamriel, but I have a problem. It's not really a problem but it's annoying :P

So onto the topic. Is there any way to paint the land without mocing from cell to cell? Or is that the only way to do that?

Thanks in advance,

bencebence

Alright I found out that I can generate textures with Region Editor.

But the next question: We use the Under the Sign of Dragon heightmap as barebone. How do I know if which location is where, because the whole region map is white there, so I can see nothing, about where each region is. Not even water, which would make everything easier.

I know that there is a gridmap for the heightmap and also in regions, but it's really hard to exactly determinate where everything is.

Do someone know a solution?

In that case. try a technical drawing package, it might not give you a whole lot of artistic functionality, but for precise grids you it's the best you're gonna get. Otherwise, try GIMP :P

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I found out that I can generate textures with Region Editor.

But the next question: We use the Under the Sign of Dragon heightmap as barebone. How do I know if which location is where, because the whole region map is white there, so I can see nothing, about where each region is. Not even water, which would make everything easier.

I know that there is a gridmap for the heightmap and also in regions, but it's really hard to exactly determinate where everything is.

Do someone know a solution?

Wait so how do you do this and what exactly is the result? I have tried to use the landscape tab in the Region Editor but it just asks if you want to enable this data and then asks for what priority you want to give it.