Vipcxjs Real High Heels System

Karkull

OBSE has been a issue for me. I use steam to launch Oblivion. I have OBSE 0020, but don't know how to get it to work.

I want to install the high heels mod but it needs OBSE. I also do not understand how to put the plug-in in OBSE. That might have to do with the fact I don't know how to work OBSE.

Any help would but much appreciated!

Firstly, if you installed Oblivion in the default place and are using Vista or Windows 7, move it to C:\Games\Steam\Oblivion. That will stop Windows User Account Control causing mayhem when you try to mod. The instructions are here. If you don't, you may find very few mods will even install properly.

Secondly, if you look at the install instructions with OBSE, it tells you exactly what to do and where to copy the three files you need. Once that is done, OBSE should work. Follow the STEAM instructions not the Reatail (disc) ones. OBSE will start automatically when the steam client does.

Thirdly, you need to actually create the OBSE plugins folder - ..\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins.

1) Start windows explorer.

2) Go to your Oblivion directory, double-click the data folder - it should open.

3) Right-click the list of files in the folder (not on any of the files), select "New folder" - type OBSE as the name.

4) Double click the OBSE folder.

5) Right-click on the right-hand area (where files would be if you had any), select "New Folder", type Plugins as the name.

6) Open that folder by double-clicking. That is where to copy your OBSE plugins to.

Firstly, if you installed Oblivion in the default place and are using Vista or Windows 7, move it to C:\Games\Steam\Oblivion. That will stop Windows User Account Control causing mayhem when you try to mod. The instructions are here. If you don't, you may find very few mods will even install properly.

I have windows 7. The mods I use so far do work with the current settings. The problem with OBSE. Do I make the file "games" in the C drive then steam, and Oblivion? what do I put in it? just oblivion or all the steam apps?

Secondly, if you look at the install instructions with OBSE, it tells you exactly what to do and where to copy the three files you need. Once that is done, OBSE should work. Follow the STEAM instructions not the Reatail (disc) ones. OBSE will start automatically when the steam client does.

I followed the readme for OBSE. It would say something along the lines of it is out of date version or some file cant be found, like the oblivion exe yet it is there and it is the most current OBSE.

Thirdly, you need to actually create the OBSE plugins folder - ..\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins.

1) Start windows explorer.

2) Go to your Oblivion directory, double-click the data folder - it should open.

3) Right-click the list of files in the folder (not on any of the files), select "New folder" - type OBSE as the name.

4) Double click the OBSE folder.

5) Right-click on the right-hand area (where files would be if you had any), select "New Folder", type Plugins as the name.

6) Open that folder by double-clicking. That is where to copy your OBSE plugins to.

I must have dont something wrong with some of these steps. Do i reinstall the app on steam so it can launch?

Edited by Karkull

So i messed around and made some progress doing some of the things you said plus some messing around. It seems to be working. I noticed that the feet kinda sink into the ground a little, anything I can do about that?

That may mean there's something odd with the mod install - sounds like the height isn't being set correctly. I don't use the mod myself so you'll have to hope someone else knows what is up