Need an explanation on a Russian saying

ffa1mf

I'm playing a mod that is Russian and a clue to continue the quest has a line in it that translates as:

Love is not treated by grasses

This isn't a familiar saying or quote to me and web searches have not been helpful in allowing me to get the gist of what it means. I am thinking that it means something along the idea that the treatment or "cure" for love is not found in herbs or medicine (ie: grasses), or maybe in gifts (ie: grasses = flowers), but I have no idea what the treatment would be. That or I am completely off base on what I think it means.

The two line clue translates as:

Where cancers winter

Love is not treated by grasses

Thanx in advance for tha help.

Where cancers winter : really lame translation, tbh)

It should be translated as : Where the crabs spend their winter. This means far far away. I hope it helps a bit

Love is not treated by grasses : most likely its "Love can't be cured with herbs". Although it would be easier if u could write original text

Edited by eo1oe

Offtopic:

I'm reminded of the (probably apocryphal) tale about Margaret Thatcher, one-time British Prime Minister. She was being shown around a computer centre and they were waxing enthusiastic about their wonderful new translation program between English and Russian. They asked her for something to input, which they would translate from English, to Russian, and back again, to show how well it worked. After a moment's thought, Maggie suggested the English phrase, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

This was duly entered, and the Russian translation was then fed back into the computer to re-translate the phrase. After a few moments, the screen lit up with...

"The vodka is strong, but the meat is rotten." :whistling:

Edited by MarkInMKUK