Wrye bash problems

Denraymon

Hi I've spent all day trying to get the mods working as posted here

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1TjYVXHYNGQloKy7lGLzp_zYuKIpMtaHbxj13Lr-zbEI

that I got from demonoid.me which I think is from someone on this site. Anyway I ended up here.

I downloaded all the new versions of python, wrye bash and boss and OBSE and the pluggy things but I get stuck with wrye bash with this :-

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 31, in <module>

File "bash.pyo", line 311, in main

File "basher.pyo", line 15386, in InitLinks

File "basher.pyo", line 14297, in InitStatusBar

IndexError: tuple index out of range

taken from the Wyre bash log.

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

If your using version 293....see here for potential fix

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368

Not sure beyond that, im just learning myself and using 291

Try using OBMM to install mods and wyre bash to build you bash patch...thats what im being told to do.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that fix on my travels but if I install 293 I don't get basher.py or the rest but I do with 291. With 291 I can get wrye bash up but somehow I can't see the mods (BAIN files) that I transfered (still rarred and zipped) over to my oblivion folder Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers up in wrye bash 291. I see the DLC in wrye bash is the BAIN files supposed to be there too?

Hiya,

I literally started using 291 yesterday and tried to install mods through BAIN.....went badly.

I have been advised that is a lot of trouble to do it this way....and stick with installing through OBMM, and follow this routine.

install with OBMM then close.

Run BOSS

Then use Wyre Bash to build your patch and do any tweaking and so on.

Beyond that, im pretty limited in knowledge as it sounds like we are in the same boat.

Hiya,

I literally started using 291 yesterday and tried to install mods through BAIN.....went badly.

I have been advised that is a lot of trouble to do it this way....and stick with installing through OBMM, and follow this routine.

Run BOSS

Beyond that, im pretty limited in knowledge as it sounds like we are in the same boat.

Ok thanks a lot. I will check out OBMM

I'm not bothered about tweaking the mods at the minute so might just leave wrye bash alone.

I'm bothered about the BAIN order though because the person who did the guide I mentioned said they have to be in a certain order.

Do I just load them into OBMM the same as it says to do in wrye bash?

THanks for the help.

Search on the nexus for Wrye Bash and install the standalone version. It is very easy to install and does not require python. I had the same problems as you guys until this came out, but if you read everything provided in the Standalone download, it is self explanatory. Edited by kingtitan

Hiya,

Run BOSS

Ok thanks a lot. I will check out OBMM

I'm not bothered about tweaking the mods at the minute so might just leave wrye bash alone.

I'm bothered about the BAIN order though because the person who did the guide I mentioned said they have to be in a certain order.

Do I just load them into OBMM the same as it says to do in wrye bash?

THanks for the help.

OBMM Oblivion Mod Manager.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

very easy to use and pretty indispensable.....go through the read me, but basically you download mods in .zip and .rar and can load them via 'add archive' or unzip then load via 'add folder'....it does all the data file installing straight into oblivion 'data file' for you.

A lot of mods will come in OMOD ready format so OBMM can read the multiple file/menu structures.

Runs perfectly well with BOSS and Wyre Bash.

As i say, when you have loaded mods in OBMM, run BOSS to sort the loading order and then open Wyre Bash and you will see all of the mod .esp files in BOSS order and which ones are mergable (in green text) to build your bash patch.

The bash patch will also appear in OBMM list if it exists already.

Dont forget to check 'data files' in Oblivion launcher too.

Not sure what program Kingtitan is on about as he does'nt specify.

If you get stuck,let me know and i will try to help.

Good Luck.

Search on the nexus for it and install the standalone version.

How exactly did I not specify @Crudius? EDIT: Oh wait, Maybe I should actually read next time.

Anyway since I wasn't clear enough go HERE.

Click on the files tab and look for Wrye Bash 293--Standalone Version.

Doesn't require python and is easy to install if you actually READ the material provided.

And, as was pointed out, there is some sort of BOSS discrepancy that I am not an authority on, so this information may be irrelevant to helping you.

Edited for rudeness and clarity! :thumbsup:

Edited by kingtitan

Search on the nexus for it and install the standalone version.

How exactly did I not specify @Crudius? Maybe you should actually read next time.

Anyway since Crudius thinks I wasn't clear enough go HERE.

Click on the files tab and look for Wrye Bash 293--Standalone Version.

Doesn't require python and is easy to install if you actually READ the material provided.

@kingtitan - "it" doesn't adequately tell us which program you are referring to, given that at least three have been referred to in the thread so far.

And in your response you omitted to mention the essential edit to one file which will allow Wrye Bash v293 to work with BOSS 1.8 - see the SECOND post on THIS page on the official Wrye Bash forum.

Edited to remove sarcasm.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Hi,

Lets all chill out a bit.....just trying to help denraymon out.

But you did'nt specify which program you meant in your first post titan,that was all i meant.We were discussing OBMM at the time.

But you have pointed it out now, thanks.....and thanks to Mark for adding that extra info on the link.

Edited by crudius