GECK Performance Worse on New System Vs. Old System

I know this sounds like a silly one, but bear with me.

I recently built a new rig running a i7-6700K (4.4 OC), a GTX 970, 16GB Memory, Windows 10 and a 500GB SSD (among other things).

Yet despite this, the FO:NV GECK runs actually worse on the new unit than my previous unit, which had an i7-2600K (3.4), GTX 960, 16GB RAM, Windows 10, and a 7200RPM HDD.

On the new machine, I get FPS stutters loading large cells, especially with lighting active. The load time of the .ESM/.ESPs is at least triple from what it used to be. For pete's sake, it even hangs for about 10-20 seconds when loading up an Object Palette!

Both processors are 8-core processors (well, 4 cores, 8 threads). The 2600K hasn't been modified or tweaked in any way.

Now I have the 4GB hack and the GECK Power Up 1.4 already set up on both units and both units are running off the local C: drive.

What's even worse is that I tried firing up the Fallout 4 GECK and it's just as slow and clunky as FO:NV's GECK. Now, I suspect that mainly to be because of the size of the data Fallout 4 has, but still.

Any recommendations? How have you been able to effectively run on the GECK on a modern system. (I built this thing last month).

No dice. It's actually slower.

Additional note: New rig is running 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM (just in case it matters)

I went through the following iterations, changing compatibility mode on the actual GECK Power Up Shortcut, the GECK.exe and the nvse_loader.exe files. (Just to be extra thorough, though I'm fairly sure the only one required was the GECK itself.

Fastest: Compatibility mode disabled (about 1 minute to load FalloutNV.esm)

Tried Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Vista SP1, Vista and even XP.

On another unit, which is a boot-camped iMac (Late 2012, Model 13,2) where GECK is actually on a USB 3.0 external hard drive (i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad/8 Thread, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, GTX 680MX) the same process took 20 seconds.

Even the initial load time of the GECK is slower. On the iMac, it's nearly instant (1 second or less). On the new rig, it takes a minimum of 4 seconds for the GECK splash screen to go away.

I also tested both machines with FalloutNV.esm running only GECK.exe (without the PowerUp)

iMac: 21 seconds

New Rig: 1 minute, 5 seconds.

The iMac has no special compatibility settings. In fact, since it's loading from an external USB HDD instead of an internal SSD, it should be running a heck of a lot slower.

This thing is killing my productivity.

That's just weird. What antivirus are you running? Someone else I know was having issues with AVG lately, maybe that's the problem. Try adding an exception for GECK.

Checked through it all (even did a brand new scan with Malwarebytes) and no luck there. Hell, I've even cut out half of my services to see about isolating the issue. Nothing.

Seriously, I could kiss you. Except you're using Gary and he's freaky.

I never even considering the power management system of Windows. I was using the Gigabyte App Center to control things, but even then it wasn't running like I felt it should. But the instant I switched it to High Performance instead of balanced, I found that the minimum processor speed had been set to 5% and now was set to 100%.

Now all the settings and results I'm getting make so much more sense. You nailed it. Windows was throttling me and I didn't even know it. It now runs perfectly.

Thank you a billion times over! :D

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw352_8959%20-%20twilight_sparkle%20yes.png