Animated sawmill.

ClimbinSkwerl

I found it odd that All of the wooden buildings and walkways in Oblivion are made from perfectly straight boards. Where is this elusive sawmill??? Wait, It doesn't exist. I was trying to create a small Camp with NPC's that basically stand around this camp and make wood products, such as firewood, lumber, Staves, Barrels, buckets, and tools. If there are resources out there I can't seem to find them. I have the basic knowledge of placing objects and NPC's but can't seem to animate them. I haven't found any Saws or any kind of woodworking tools other than the AXEs in the game. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone can help me get this idea off the ground, I'm lacking a Large Circular Saw blade w/rotation, sfx for it "cutting", some sort of lore related power Source, and a wagon(open topped stake side) that is drawn by horses. I am currently building a Stone quarry that has been "providing" the Boulders to all of Tamriel. I would like to add a sawmill next door to the Quarry as if the land was providing the resources. If anyone has any ideas on the sawmill please feel free to PM me.

Wagon Away is a modder's resource witha horse drawn wagon, as a proof of concept.

You might want to keep an eye on the "Keeping it real" thread where this sort of idea is very welcome, and maybe some of the people reading that may be able to help or suggest more ideas. There is also The Evolving Society mod which is similarly inclined.

You might want to consider than many early sawmills were powered by a waterwheel....

I am aware of the Waterwheel power but seeing as the Blackwood Company has a boiler it leaves room for speculation that someone had developed a Steam powered device to power the sawmill. With magick everywhere and the Still functioning traps that are hundreds of years old that seem to have no power source. Who's to say there isn't the tech to build a small sawmill that is powered by welkynd stones or Soul gems. It is just an idea at this point though. thanks for your Comments/ideas and i will check out the horse and carriage.