Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And those have been an interesting four months mate, for me at least.

Long story short, it's looking unlikely that I'll be continuing this.

I could easily make a list of all the reasons, but I get the feeling that blaming loads of other things will not help you or me feel any better about this. Whether it's my fault or not, I've let you all down.

Maybe not all hope is lost. Someone I know is interested in trying a revival, but I dont think they want to make a WIP thread for it. So who knows, maybe you will be surprised with a mod sometime soon.

From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry I have to leave the project. See yous around :wink:

Oh, that's too bad, the thing that actually bothers me the most is that you put so much work into this for naught.

Thanks for trying to complete this huge project on your own time. :happy:

WarRatsG he was the only person who worked on that project? Hey WarRatsG there will be definately someone who pickups your work if you advertise it well. You can try TES Alliance of which you know. Also there are a lot of skilled modders on Lovers Lab who could pickup your project.

• 3 months later...

And those have been an interesting four months mate, for me at least.

Long story short, it's looking unlikely that I'll be continuing this.

I could easily make a list of all the reasons, but I get the feeling that blaming loads of other things will not help you or me feel any better about this. Whether it's my fault or not, I've let you all down.

Maybe not all hope is lost. Someone I know is interested in trying a revival, but I dont think they want to make a WIP thread for it. So who knows, maybe you will be surprised with a mod sometime soon.

From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry I have to leave the project. See yous around :wink:

Oh, that's too bad, the thing that actually bothers me the most is that you put so much work into this for naught.

Thanks for trying to complete this huge project on your own time. :happy:

The thing that bothers me, actually, is the fact that the creator seems so self-defeatus about it.

Whether or not you've 'let us down' is of no fault of your own. We'd only feel 'let down' if we were without compassion and lacked understanding.

as previously mentioned, you have struggled with this project by yourself, and this mod has been around for YEARS, in various stages

You are to be commended for getting it this far, and although the version I use is quite a few years old, I think it's much fun.

So thank you for your noble attempt! You are appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

It's a real nostalgia trip to get a notification from here.

Afraid it's not being worked on as far as I know. Pretty sure I don't even have access to the files any more either.

Loved every second I spent on this and have no regrets. I still think back fondly of this project sometimes. I often wonder what happened to Urko, the man who recruited me to the project way back. He ran the world design and story components of the mod, whereas I ran mechanics and implementation. Last I heard he went into University for graphic design (for videogames I think) so maybe we've seen his work elsewhere.

My troubles worked themselves out and things got better. I applied myself to new projects, things are great and I'm living the life I want.

Murdershewrote2328, it would have been amazing but tbh only if Urko had stuck around. I was a pretty decent script guy, but Urko was a sublimely talented level designer and world builder. I always wondered why dungeons in the base game weren't made the way he did. I fondly remember one trick where he used hanging ivy to conceal a hiding place for the player to be used in a cutscene. Working with him always got me excited about where we were going.

Kept the dream alive for a while, challenging myself to implement the most elegant code and taking on the amazing feature suggestions posted in this thread. However turns out I couldn't write decent dialogue for s#*! (thinking back it was mostly exposition dumps) so the story suffered a lot in Urko's absence. Frustration was building and my focus was really needed IRL. Final straw came when someone offered their help and ended up trashing the shared folder, costing a fair amount of work and losing some crucial custom assets.

In the last 10 years I've picked up a lot of new obligations, so I'm unlikely to be picking this up again. I reckon this one won't see the light of day (pun intended).

A mod called Unholy Darkness did a wonderful job of oblivion vampirism including a bit of world building. In particular they added some of the hardcore mechanics similar to mine and use keyboard hotkeys for powers, makes for a very smooth experience. It wasn't on the Nexus but came from his own forum, mainly so he could generate ad revenue. There were some claims that later releases contained a Trojan, never had issues myself.

There was another mod called Blood is Everything iirc, which is more streamlined but delivers beautifully. We worked together briefly, he's very gifted and also a generally lovely person. Probably still on the Nexus.