Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

You sparkle instead of burn in the sun. [/joke]

I think a great reward for playing a nice vampire is something similar to what happened to the count of Skingrad, you get mere mortals who come to help you with tasks, do things for you in daylight, and protect you from vampire hunters. They would also allow you to feed on them, so long as you don't drink too much. That way, being a nice vampire rewards you with a semi-steady blood supply (they don't supply you with everything) and an extra helping hand if/when you need it.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sparkle instead of burn in the sun. [/joke]

I think a great reward for playing a nice vampire is something similar to what happened to the count of Skingrad, you get mere mortals who come to help you with tasks, do things for you in daylight, and protect you from vampire hunters. They would also allow you to feed on them, so long as you don't drink too much. That way, being a nice vampire rewards you with a semi-steady blood supply (they don't supply you with everything) and an extra helping hand if/when you need it.

I like that idea (helpers, not sparkling ;) ).

I guess some people would recognise the advantages of a benevolent person with hundreds of years of accumulated experience and wisdom. And if they have to give a little of their blood to buy some of that vast knowledge, then that would be quite a good deal.

Now I will have to figure out how to add them to the game. Possibly the most difficult and important part ;)

Edited by WarRatsG

Will it be possible to become the prince or maybe a sheriff or something like that. That would be kinda epic.

And about vampire lairs. Will we be able to make our own lairs, or do we buy them, or will it be like an upgrade for the house like in unholy darkness.

Can't wait for this mod. Hope it will be out soon

Will it be possible to become the prince or maybe a sheriff or something like that. That would be kinda epic.

And about vampire lairs. Will we be able to make our own lairs, or do we buy them, or will it be like an upgrade for the house like in unholy darkness.

Sheriff and prince may have to wait until we are a little more developed first. Gameplay first, then story ;)

We have made about 10 havens across cyrodiil that you can use when you earn the owning clans trust. We had plans for home havens, but Urko left and I cant do cells. The one cell that I did has seams everywhere (not so cleverly hidden).

But you make a good point - self made lairs. I think I will try to add that, nice one ;)

I think something with demonic hellfire would be cool for an inhuman vampire, maybe at the cost of health and blood as a result of your relationship with the demons of the other side. As for a human one... I'll get back to you lol.

Sheriff and prince may have to wait until we are a little more developed first. Gameplay first, then story ;)

We have made about 10 havens across cyrodiil that you can use when you earn the owning clans trust. We had plans for home havens, but Urko left and I cant do cells. The one cell that I did has seams everywhere (not so cleverly hidden).

But you make a good point - self made lairs. I think I will try to add that, nice one ;)

About those self made lairs. You should try to contact Mysterious Mr. Bear the creator of epic necromancy. If you don't know what that is, it is a mod for oblivion that adds the abily to become an necromancer.

You will be able to make your own lairs by buying an urn then you would drop it were you would want your altar and activate the urn. when you bought the altar you will be able to get defences and stuff.

I can send you the link to his website and the mod site on nexus

Nexus: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40964

Maybe he could give you some tips or something.

About those self made lairs. You should try to contact Mysterious Mr. Bear the creator of epic necromancy. If you don't know what that is, it is a mod for oblivion that adds the abily to become an necromancer.

You will be able to make your own lairs by buying an urn then you would drop it were you would want your altar and activate the urn. when you bought the altar you will be able to get defences and stuff.

I can send you the link to his website and the mod site on nexus

Nexus: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40964

Maybe he could give you some tips or something.

I remember seeing that mod, although I never tried it out. I had started modding by that point, so I wasnt playing much anymore.

Thanks for pointing it out, it could really help me when I start coding the havens. ;)

One question:

Could you provide us with small roadmap, what are you already done, what are you want to do to make this mod fully-functional, and how much time will it takes?

Maybe, some of your ideas or wishes could be postponed to after-release time?

Off the top of my head...

- the original system has been reconfigured by hand with a smoother, more dynamic one.

- ive optimized between 2000-5000 lines of script and added 1000-2500 of my own.

- created 1 quest and 2 miniquests

- 9 havens have been created (but still need to be populated)

- Vampire hunters have been created, along with a bounty system that is still being refined

- a jail system has been created as well

- humanity systems have been created.

- about 10-20 new spells have been added

- most clans now have advantages and disadvantages.

- an age system has been added.

- you can also configure the mod in game, for difficulty or immersion.

I would also like to point out that wherever possible, there are no "levelled systems" by that I mean something like at y% blood you get x% resistance to frost, at a% blood you get b% resistance to frost. Instead, each system is based on a smooth line or curve, so that your bonus/weakness always matches the statistic in question, be it blood, humanity or age.

Things Im still doing, off the top of my head.

- continuing to optimize scripts that cause problems or dont fit the system.

- further refining each system for more depth.

- finishing the bounty system.

- finishing the clan advantages/ disadvantages (saving and regent left)

- adding to and polishing the dialogue for more depth to each character.

In future releases

- thralls, acolytes and proselytes (thanks to ajaxst for the idea of proselytes)

- Havens in your homes, and self made lairs (thanks Martin19121996 for the idea of self made lairs)

- a reputation system

- many more quests.

Thats what I can think of at the moment, but it shows just how much has been done already ;)