Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well all the haven are very good! i hope that the release is not so far

ps: the npc in the prison is a part of a quest or a "blood doll"?

Thanks ;)

That NPC is just a snack. If you look closely, you can see another one across the hall, just to the left of the Elder's head.

I must admit I like the Connoiseur Haven the most. They seem very friendly :D

Beautiful Detail in the beginning posts. Love the backgrounds for the clans, Savant, Recluse, or Connoisseurs would have to be what I'm rooting for.

I have a few questions about the mod though.

1. How exactly is sun damage worked? Is it lessened by feeding? I was also thinking that you could maybe add an ability or spell to shield from it temporarily with a counter-balance of Temporary Attribute Loss.

2. Do you have to join one specific clan? Also I would it be possible to have a quest line where you are enemies with all of the clans and are trying to overthrow the council?

3. How are Vampire Hunters implemented? Are they just "random" mobs that appear when you've been letting loose the beast too often? Random being the keyword as maybe there are famous hunters i.e. Van Helsing or Blade, of course without their special abilities? Also in that respect would taking one down gain you fame with the current council and clans? Also is there a way to join them and become a vampire hunter? I think that could add a more living atmosphere to the mod if not.

4. Finally, Is there a UI implementation for you Blood Points, Humanity, etc.? Or is this information gathered through another way, i.e. Nehrim's Diary?

Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait for this mod to be ready to play! Hated the original vampires of Oblivion and would love to add life to that and more feeling of being powerful and immortal.

Edited by Zekieff

Beautiful Detail in the beginning posts. Love the backgrounds for the clans, Savant, Recluse, or Connoisseurs would have to be what I'm rooting for.

Hehe thanks 8)

1. How exactly is sun damage worked? Is it lessened by feeding? I was also thinking that you could maybe add an ability or spell to shield from it temporarily with a counter-balance of Temporary Attribute Loss.

Sun damage is nearly unavoidable at young ages without purchasing very expensive potions. However I have created a mechanic that allows daywalking at any age, which is to consume more than your maximum blood capacity. If you exceed it by roughly 10% then you will be sick. Keeping this level of blood is difficult during the day, because you will use up blood 10 times faster when the sun is up, even more outdoors. I can't remember, but I think at maximum it should be between 50-100 times greater under ideal conditions. This means a newborn will last 15 games minutes: 30 real seconds at default timescale.

When you get older, there is a specific volume of blood that will allow you to resist the sun. This volume is a constant, so daywalking is easier for very well fed patriarchs. Humanity levels can adjust this value up or down, so nice guys will daywalk much easier, while inhuman vampires may find it near impossible.

2. Do you have to join one specific clan? Also I would it be possible to have a quest line where you are enemies with all of the clans and are trying to overthrow the council?

Yes you must join a clan, however as of now it holds no plot significance, mostly because there is no plot. There is no rebel type faction either, because even we arent sure what direction the story will take. We're keeping our options open for now ;)

3. How are Vampire Hunters implemented? Are they just "random" mobs that appear when you've been letting loose the beast too often? Random being the keyword as maybe there are famous hunters i.e. Van Helsing or Blade, of course without their special abilities? Also in that respect would taking one down gain you fame with the current council and clans? Also is there a way to join them and become a vampire hunter? I think that could add a more living atmosphere to the mod if not.

I'll admit, the hunter system is the least polished system we have. The quality of hunters will increase as your bounty increases, and killing them will increase your bounty further. They spawn at the last city you were known to have been, and will track you from there. The groups can be of random size. You can escape them by staying out of their sight for 30 seconds or putting a considerable distance between you and them (roughly the length of the IC-Weye bridge).

I'm going to do what I can to tidy it up. For example when you leave a city, they may be limited in how long they have to search for you. I'm a little short on ideas here, and although I love your idea about unique hunters, I am actually saving that idea for a sidequest ;) you cannot join the hunters, technically, but I've been toying with the idea of allowing a bounty hunting system where you take on a few renegades.

4. Finally, Is there a UI implementation for you Blood Points, Humanity, etc.? Or is this information gathered through another way, i.e. Nehrim's Diary?

We're going to make some HUD status bars. Might take some screenshots of them when they're ready. For those without menuque, you can press a keyboard button to display vampire data.

Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait for this mod to be ready to play! Hated the original vampires of Oblivion and would love to add life to that and more feeling of being powerful and immortal.

Thats the plan 8)

First off, I may of missed a lot as I've not read through 82 pages of posts :rolleyes:

As it seems that this would be an open ended mod and that it will add a lot to work with once done, will it be okay for other modders to create plug ins that create clan wars, quests etc?

Also I'm not sure if you're still looking for helpers. If you are, you've already got some idea of my scripting abilities and I'd love to help

As it seems that this would be an open ended mod and that it will add a lot to work with once done, will it be okay for other modders to create plug ins that create clan wars, quests etc?

Hehe we have done what we can to make this open ended and modular. I guess it should be possible, but we can discuss it closer to the time ;)

Also I'm not sure if you're still looking for helpers. If you are, you've already got some idea of my scripting abilities and I'd love to help

We're still looking for helpers. Scripter is a filled position, but I could still use help in a few other places. PM me if you're interested ;)

Thanks for the reply. I had one more question come to mind and it might also make for a good idea if not.

Will there be anything with Molag Bal in the mod? Just wondering as he was the creator of Vampires in the Elder Scrolls games

Also will you have Artifacts or Unique items that deal with lore for the mod? i.e. Masks, weapons, or books.

If you happen to need another play tester, I would be more than happy to help out. Not really adept in the CS for Oblivion.