ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you made any awesome progress. Do you think you could make a video or something. Don't want to rush you so if you want to just do it when you want and got the time for it

Well, Terran Vampires just became the first mod I've seen that has successfully implemented calculus in its mechanics. Since everything is now based on maths, it guarantees compatibility with most other mods. Havens are being populated, but creating distinct yet genuine personalities is difficult for me, especially since dialogue in Oblivion is horrific to work with. It takes time to hone each NPC into just the right character, then 2 days later I'll end up reworking them again.

The one thing that really puzzles me is how to implement the savants insanity. It needs to be intrusive without being annoying or breaking the game, but I can't think of anything that would work.

As for a video... I lack the skills or tech to pull it off really. Screenshots are one thing, but understand that my laptop would go at 5 frames a week if it tries to run Oblivion and fraps ;)

Yeah that insanity does sound hard to make. If I get any ideas I will make sure to tell you. Maybe you could like make them say weird meaningless stuff some time and make them mumble about stuff. And you might watch a few videos about Cicero. He is the keeper of the Night Mother from the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. He is dressed like a jester and is kinda crazy.

Yeah that insanity does sound hard to make. If I get any ideas I will make sure to tell you. Maybe you could like make them say weird meaningless stuff some time and make them mumble about stuff. And you might watch a few videos about Cicero. He is the keeper of the Night Mother from the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. He is dressed like a jester and is kinda crazy.

I watched a lot of VTM on YouTube to see what they did - they gave the Malkavian character completely unique dialogue that was pretty much entirely made of metaphors and foreshadowing. It looked pretty cool, but throwing that in will be tricky - like I've said before dialogue is horrific in Oblivion.

I was thinking along the lines of hallucinations that reflect humanity levels as well, but how this will affect the player remains to be seen.

I watched a lot of VTM on YouTube to see what they did - they gave the Malkavian character completely unique dialogue that was pretty much entirely made of metaphors and foreshadowing. It looked pretty cool, but throwing that in will be tricky - like I've said before dialogue is horrific in Oblivion.

I was thinking along the lines of hallucinations that reflect humanity levels as well, but how this will affect the player remains to be seen.

That sound awesome. I just played Far Cry 3 and in that game is is like this insane pirate lord Vaas. They did a really good job on him. Like three times when you meet him in a row he asks you if he ever told you definition of insanity and once right after he tells you that. And he doesn't really believe that he is crazy. You might want to add that to some guy.

Thanks for the idea ;) I can tell you from experience very few admit insanity, and ironically the more you protest and tell people you're ok, the more insane they think you are. Because of that, it would be fun I think to have someone not actually insane and see how players react.

Sort of like One Flew the Cuckoo's Nest, where there are clues that the guy who isn't insane actually could be ;)