ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very interesting and it's good that you took note that there should be limits in order to prevent annoyance.

Thanks 8)

The problem is defining that limit: when does challenging become annoying? When does annoying become hardcore? When does hardcore become impossible?

There will always be people who say "Iz not got enuf HPs!!" and others who say "these enemies have less endurance than a wet tissue". I've created entirely adjustable difficulty to perfect the experience for as many people as possible, but it's hard to adjust insanity.

Don't get me wrong - I love designing mechanics, but I prefer to actually create them ;)

They're pretty good!

About the unique dialogue,one disadvantage could be unrelated or false replies for the player to choose from. For instance,in a case of "yes" or "no",you could just switch them. :biggrin: Another thing would be to just say something completely irrelevant and maybe lose disposition.

Anyway,you'll find something,that's just a detail.

I liked especially the fake hunters and the auditory hallucinations. :biggrin:

Thought I'd pop in to see how the mod has been going and so far it looks to be thriving. I read your insanity notes. I have to say I like them, especially the noise and hunters.

I had a few ideas while reading them, maybe things you kill in-game turn into a ghost that follows you and makes noises for a time, that way it's not just your insanity that's altering your world it's some of your actions.

Maybe hallucinations of Oblivion Gates to throw the player off while they're questing.

Or think of the intro to Shivering Isles expansion, make objects turn into effects of butterflies or other rats that run from the player and disappear. Just a few ideas maybe they'll make you think of something new as well.

Thanks for continuing the awesome work, can't wait for it to be finished!

I had a few ideas while reading them, maybe things you kill in-game turn into a ghost that follows you and makes noises for a time, that way it's not just your insanity that's altering your world it's some of your actions.

Maybe hallucinations of Oblivion Gates to throw the player off while they're questing.

Or think of the intro to Shivering Isles expansion, make objects turn into effects of butterflies or other rats that run from the player and disappear. Just a few ideas maybe they'll make you think of something new as well.

Some lateral thinking there - I like it ;)

Some bad news. My sister is now on suicide watch. That's two siblings in two years now. The mod is on hold, family comes first.

This isn't the end of the mod. It's more of an apology that fate has a grudge against modders, and seems to do everything in its power to prevent the biggest and best mods from being completed. Where it that my life was a little more stable, or that the modding team had permanent members who lived up to their promises, this mod would have been finished a year ago. I can't help but feel like I've let you down by keeping you all waiting for so long.

Thought I'd pop in to see how the mod has been going and so far it looks to be thriving. I read your insanity notes. I have to say I like them, especially the noise and hunters.

Thanks for continuing the awesome work, can't wait for it to be finished!

Man, sorry to hear that, the mod can wait. :)

Edited by JinKanzaki

I'm really sorry to hear that. The mod can wait as long a time as it takes. I wish the best for your sister. I have a little bit of experience in suicides my self. You should find something that she might be looking forward to. And then remind her of it. It could be anything. A kiss, a date or her wedding. It could give her the will to live.