Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

Its going well, I just need to fix one bug in the quest and add some dialogue and AI (which someone else was meant to do :/ ) to certain people.

On a lighter note, im hoping if I go on a 2 or 3 day bender this weekend I will come back refreshed and I will be able to work even harder ;)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im back now, hopefully I can fix the strange bug thats causing the game to freeze during a loading screen, them after that its a sprint to the finish.

hope u had a good break n im sure ull fix that bug real soon :thumbsup: cant wait till its all finished!!!

Hi Guys.

It's great to hear, that you work further!

I think this Mod has much potential, I was eager to play it, when I read the description and the manual first: SO many cool spells and abilities.

After a brief period of trying, I eventually even managed to get it to work with my Oblivion (I just use Improved Oblivion and SM).

And I say this with full admiration: It's one of the few Vamp Mods that run very stable on my Computer.

Even it is, by far, the most voluminous and most scripted mod. (many other mods just lead to a CD) Big respect for that.

Here are my thoughts, I don#t want to patronize or critize your hard and successfull work, I appreciate the time you invested!

I just want to tell you some thoughts, I noticed...and maybe some are usefull for the further development:

1) Spells

I told at the beginning, that I went crazy to try all these new spells out.

When I finally was in the game...I felt a little slain by the sheer amount of spells.

I don't think that there's a need for NEW spells.

I think it's already hard enough to have everything ready you need, because many usefull skills are splitted into different spells.

I adds complexity, but it kinda slows down the game-flow for me.

2) Metamorphosis

The coolest feature you came up with, in my eyes.

Abnominal(?) Form: I think it does look like a placeholder right now. It's just a Sauron, are you planning to change it? Because a Real badass demon-form would be an amazing feature, for an OLD vampire.

Wolf: I found it strange, that the Guards do not attack me as a wolf. Sadly my character isn't invisible at all during that stage and that makes it kinda weird to play the wolf...it just doesn't look very good.

Rats: Char is not invisible, too. But it's a damn nice skill and the rat swarn is nicely scripted, even when it's a little hard to mannoveur.

Lvl 3: I think the CHange of the Blood and many other Mellable Flesh skills are a little bit useless....it's just too much of a choice if you my choose between 4 different, semi-usefull, blood-types.

I didn't test the other skills enough to comment on them. But after all I would recommend to straight the skill-pool a little. A little less choice would do good for the freedom of the game.

Thank you very much.

Hi Guys.

It's great to hear, that you work further!

I think this Mod has much potential, I was eager to play it, when I read the description and the manual first: SO many cool spells and abilities.

After a brief period of trying, I eventually even managed to get it to work with my Oblivion (I just use Improved Oblivion and SM).

And I say this with full admiration: It's one of the few Vamp Mods that run very stable on my Computer.

Even it is, by far, the most voluminous and most scripted mod. (many other mods just lead to a CD) Big respect for that.

Here are my thoughts, I don#t want to patronize or critize your hard and successfull work, I appreciate the time you invested!

I just want to tell you some thoughts, I noticed...and maybe some are usefull for the further development:

1) Spells

I told at the beginning, that I went crazy to try all these new spells out.

When I finally was in the game...I felt a little slain by the sheer amount of spells.

I don't think that there's a need for NEW spells.

I think it's already hard enough to have everything ready you need, because many usefull skills are splitted into different spells.

I adds complexity, but it kinda slows down the game-flow for me.

2) Metamorphosis

The coolest feature you came up with, in my eyes.

Abnominal(?) Form: I think it does look like a placeholder right now. It's just a Sauron, are you planning to change it? Because a Real badass demon-form would be an amazing feature, for an OLD vampire.

Wolf: I found it strange, that the Guards do not attack me as a wolf. Sadly my character isn't invisible at all during that stage and that makes it kinda weird to play the wolf...it just doesn't look very good.

Rats: Char is not invisible, too. But it's a damn nice skill and the rat swarn is nicely scripted, even when it's a little hard to mannoveur.

Lvl 3: I think the CHange of the Blood and many other Mellable Flesh skills are a little bit useless....it's just too much of a choice if you my choose between 4 different, semi-usefull, blood-types.

I didn't test the other skills enough to comment on them. But after all I would recommend to straight the skill-pool a little. A little less choice would do good for the freedom of the game.

Thank you very much.

The mod isnt out yet... :/

You are playing the original - what this is mod is based on. So if you love the original, you will love whats to come ;)

Here are some of the things that you mentioned...

Spells: you mentioned there was too many. I think that there has to be plenty to play for, and it should take a long playthrough to earn it all. As for some of.them being useless - of course there is. In my opinion the whole Psychic Radiance school will probably be completely ignored.

Metamorphisis:

Wolf: im surprised they didnt attack you. Ill look into it.

Abominable form: Im trying to make it a custom daedroth :)

Rats: I cant do much about manoeuverability im afraid.

Change blood: maybe it will be reworked a little, but for now it should do. It does provide small bonuses ;)

Edited by WarRatsG