Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

I like that idea. The Thralls will be a little stronger, faster and able to heal better as well as take a lot more than normal mortals right?

Yes, although Im wondering what uses they will have other than "follow me around, carry my stuff and kill people." Like maybe they can go kill people and bottle their blood for you when you are not around.

[quote name=kendrafelishia'

timestamp='1330842025' post='4776768]

For Acolytes would like to see them make a name for themselves in vampire society with your help perhaps? Keep them with you for some time though before releasing them to make their own path?

You have the right idea - involve the player instead of just giving them a follower with red eyes. I think that if your idea is developed by plenty of suggestions then it will make Terran vampires one of the best mods out there, purely for the recruitment side. :)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that thralls will make little quests like selling objects during the day or guard the vampire coffin and protect the vampire from vampire hunter during the day.

and for the acolytes i made the option that i can try to kill his maker to make his name bigger.

for my pg is possible to kill my maker?

Edited by davi22pd

and for the acolytes i made the option that i can try to kill his maker to make his name bigger.

for my pg is possible to kill my maker?

I wouldnt want to allow acolytes to kill you, their maker, just at random. If you can think of a particular set of circumstances then maybe I will make it a possibility, instead of just happening at random moments - that would be annoying. If the player somehow causes the disloyalty, then I will be able to add it.

And no, as the player you will not be able to kill your maker. Whoever they are, they will be very important in vampire society and will be essential.

I think it would be cool to make a quest line based around your acolyte. Since in the last mod at least, the making of new vampires is strictly controlled, maybe your dark child will be hunted, or you have to help them gain acceptance in vampire society.

As for thralls, maybe you can set them to clearing a safe place to sleep for the day. There are also some quests that require you to travel during the day to deliver something or talk to someone, maybe personal thralls can work like the community thralls in the last version were supposed to and either retrieve that person or find another way to advance your quest.

And for both you might be able to work them like the Vile Lair DLC minion. You could send them out to retrieve blood or live food for you, to hunt for treasure, or the like.

We have a planned quest based on an acolyte, not the players though. You will be able to guide the progression of your own acolytes through unlife and society individually I think, maybe the first one will have a quest ;)

And for thralls, Im hoping to make them do a lot. Abducting people, taking blood, deliveries to your haven's storage...

The community thralls will still act the same, but Im not sure if there are any other quests that must take place in daylight. I cant do mod quests without a patch, so I will have to take requests as they come.

With thralls if you're player is weak physically like an arcanist might be than a thrall could be made into a bodyguard that not only guards your lair, but accompanies you? Protiva could have hell hounds if they don't already guarding their lairs. Each set of thralls could have unique stuff or do unique things that cater to whatever clan you are?

Sorry if my thoughts are scattered.

With thralls if you're player is weak physically like an arcanist might be than a thrall could be made into a bodyguard that not only guards your lair, but accompanies you? Protiva could have hell hounds if they don't already guarding their lairs. Each set of thralls could have unique stuff or do unique things that cater to whatever clan you are?

Sorry if my thoughts are scattered.

Companions are a given - if the player wants to use the thralls as a distraction for enemies then fair enough. As for hellhounds... Ill think of a way to implement it. I hadnt thought of using animals as thralls. And I guess unique abilities are a possibility, if I were to receive suggestions...

Some nice ideas ;)

And elricshan, the player will be able to give some items. Im hoping to make them like simplified CM partners, so carrying stuff is fair enough. Maybe not much, but they will be able to deliver it to your haven ;)

u do realize that every email i get is like a little death for me because it reminds me that it's still not finished...

Yeah I get something similar. If I had the time, this would have been done months ago. For example, this week alone I have been doing training every day for a team competition on Sunday. Thats from about 6pm until 10pm. It doesnt leave much time for anything else :/

It makes me annoyed that I only got on the squad when I commited myself to a mod ;D