Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, woops, i was just asking because it was such and unreal blue, sorry about the stupid question^^

Not a stupid question - it made me realise that the player would have to sleep with sun sun screen (SPF 99999999999999) if they didn't want to wake up to the smell of something roasting. ;D

Okay definitely joining that clan.

Why? So that you can express your own dark and twisted desires behind closed doors? 8)

How is the modding going? Still can't get the Construction Kit to work D:

Same old - study leave gave me some extra time (but not a lot) since I didn't have to worry about school. I still train 4 times a week though.

I've been mostly refining different parts of the mod, tweaking some bits and entirely revamping others. I can now happily say that there are almost no "graded" statistics. By that I mean "Reach 100 points to get to the next level, reach 1000 points to get the level after that." - instead, I have graphed everything on a curve so that there are no levels, and each "point" in every system counts for something. No more gaps, mostly. Age still has gaps, but I can't think of a way to go about changing that will still make the game fair and balanced.

I love the maths side of modding. Me and Dabigone are now working on the quest we have added, trying to make it a little different to what you may be used to from Oblivion. No hack-fests here; you won't win any fight we give you just by repeatedly stabbing the enemy's uvula ;)

And sorry to hear about your CS. I'm sure you will get that fixed.

At a few points in the mod, I've tried to create something that Oblivion lacked - a sense of urgency; that feeling of an imminent danger you cannot fight, that determination to escape from it, knowing that if you stop for anything then that danger will catch up to you.

I'm just writing up part of the manual to reflect some recent updates (47 pages now), and one of the major parts I have been constantly changing is the frenzy mechanism. It used be in 1.4 that your willpower controlled the amount of blood you could tolerate losing before instantly losing control of your character, who would then attack any passer-by.

I've changed that to make humanity the controlling factor (for those interested, the formula for the frenzy point is [0.0679012 * (Humanity squared) - (0.408025 * Humanity) + 0.540123] ), and instead of instantly entering frenzy, you must first pass a chance based check, which becomes harder over over time. Essentially, once you have gone more than 5 minutes below the frenzy point it is impossible to pass the next check. After that, you still lose control and attack a random person.

I'm refining this a little more, because I like the player's choices to always have at least little input on the background mechanics, and I like to let the player know that. Willpower will now have an affect how long you will last (not humanity, seen as it is such a deciding factor in where that frenzy point is) along with your remaining Blood Power.

The effect I'm hoping to get from this is that when the player goes too low on blood, everything becomes tense; you don't know when, you don't know where, but if you don't feed you will frenzy. That is one of the places I have made a sense of urgency.

Is this the kind of thing I need to be worrying about? I've always been something of a perfectionist, and it does get in the way occasionally (that formula took a while to perfect) but more often it seems to work for the better ;)

Edited by WarRatsG