Armor Mods

the_senator90

do you mean mods that add new weapons and armour?

Or do you mean Weapon mods like extended mags and such?

I reckon you can do something like that for armour.

I'm not sure how to though.

That is a good idea.. I though about melee weapon mods too, and managed to find one, but as far as I could see it only modded the baseball bat and one other..

Surely you could have a quest perk run at the start up that adds an effect based on if a type of mod item is "equipped" or in the players inventory along with its type of armor.

I'm not sure how to "equip" it though so you didnt have eight different mods on at the same time..

Edited by adman85

do you mean mods that add new weapons and armour?

Or do you mean Weapon mods like extended mags and such?

I reckon you can do something like that for armour.

I'm not sure how to though.

I mean like enhancements for existing weapons and armor.

That is a good idea.. I though about melee weapon mods too, and managed to find one, but as far as I could see it only modded the baseball bat and one other..

Surely you could have a quest perk run at the start up that adds an effect based on if a type of mod item is "equipped" or in the players inventory along with its type of armor.

I'm not sure how to "equip" it though so you didnt have eight different mods on at the same time..

Well, I'm not talking about individual bits of clothing in nif skope. I mean like enhancing combat armor performance and aesthetics with a mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another example of a mod that adds enhancements to armor (in this case the stealth suit mkII) :rolleyes:

I really like the idea of more armortypes being enhanced :)

Combat helmet with hardened enhancement- helmet gets slightly bigger but higher DT

Or

Brahmin skin outfit with studded soles- Gives a +2 agl instead of +1 agl

Or

Metal armor with molded sheetmetal- removes the -1 agl penalty

But i can imagine this taking some massive effort to get it to work. (new meshes for every enhancement, new textures, etc. and then there's compatibility with other mods..)

If anyone is able to pull this off, he/she is going to be swimming in kudos very fast :P