Semi/Fully automatic guns

wikingwarrior

So would it be possible to make a mod that adds a weightless attachment that changes a weapon to 3 round burst or semi or fully automatic?

My Idea to work it would be to start the weapon as is, than add the attachment change it's fire mode, after doing so, you get another attachment that can change it back to the original fire mode, throwing this back on would pop off the first attachment and than change the fire rate back to normal. Thoughts? Ridicule? Volunteers? Advisers?

There's an alternate solution that actually scripts your mouse. I used it for a Left 4 Dead mod, conceivably it should work for any FPS that uses a mouse click to work. I don't have the exact script on hand, but it basically binds a script to a key. You hit the "selector" bind key, and it basically blocks your mouse after X period of time. So an automatic weapon would only register the mouse for a split second and fire a single shot. The problem is the time wasn't as fine-tunable as it could be, and that is a problem when you have guns with varying rates of fire... it would also not work with the minigun and such due to wind-up time.

I'm not completely familiar with console options, so I don't know if you could apply it directly through the console menu like a Half Life 2 game or create an item that was triggered by a key bind, like you wanted.