Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

Hi there

I don't know whether it has anything to do with the new ad provider, but suddenly ads are overlapping input forms, like the signin and report ad (...). Had to signin with the passwordfield covered by an ad. How safe that feels? Not too safe.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37730355.

Azurolf wrote: Hi there

I don't know whether it has anything to do with the new ad provider, but suddenly ads are overlapping input forms, like the signin and report ad (...). Had to signin with the passwordfield covered by an ad. How safe that feels? Not too safe.

Confirmed

Reminded me that my premium sub had lapsed.

Good job!

(ps. I had the new ads covering the sign in options too. You can inspect page and temporarily delete that element to sign in. Sure it will be fixed properly soon.)

In response to post #37728720. #37729000 is also a reply to the same post.

ZengarZonvolt wrote: so far this "new" provider seems to be providing piss poor ads all over. or maybe its just my luck i dunno. whats up man? why does the ads keep itself ON FRIGGIN TOP? its on top of everything.
dizzy249 wrote: Same here...

Yup, happens to me as well

I decided to go ahead and go premium. You still get your revenue, and I get rid of advertising headaches. Now that I've gone premium I'll probably keep it up--I love the perks. So the ad debacle has a silver lining!

In response to post #37728720. #37729000, #37735185 are all replies on the same post.

ZengarZonvolt wrote: so far this "new" provider seems to be providing piss poor ads all over. or maybe its just my luck i dunno. whats up man? why does the ads keep itself ON FRIGGIN TOP? its on top of everything.
dizzy249 wrote: Same here...
hellotommie wrote: Yup, happens to me as well

Give it a go now. We should have fixed it.

It appears I can no longer go through mod manager to look at any mods I have installed. It gives a QSsl socket error on "get". I have no idea if the two are related, but the errors popped up the same time the ad concern went public.

I think we have to put up with some 'safe' ads because they pay for our free use of the web.Unless everybody wants to pay a monthly fee or something,we need to put up with it.That said,the ads have to respect our intelligence.If they are humorous(check 1970's Molson Golden ads),that goes a long way to making them palatable.I prefer free but I do realize it comes at a cost.As long as it is not mine I will watch to protect my own interests. Edited by cliff955

In response to post #37740480.

electrophil wrote: It appears I can no longer go through mod manager to look at any mods I have installed. It gives a QSsl socket error on "get". I have no idea if the two are related, but the errors popped up the same time the ad concern went public.

It'll be unrelated to the ads. You should post a bug report if you think there's a problem with NMM.

I definitely notice and appreciate the difference in the ads. I understand the need for ads, revenue has to be generated. I approve of the new standards and no longer use any adblocker. Cheers!