Interesting Bug

Mehra

It's rather amusing, but I wonder if this is a glitch or bug I implemented in my mod. I've been working on an inn mod for a few weeks now and it's all good and stuff except one problem. NPCs from different towns, mainly Anvil, are appearing in my inn, which is out in the wilderness. My question is, is this supposed to happen? Did I miss something? I did copy and paste a premade inn, just for testing purposes with my scripts, but I removed anything that was owned or tagged for other NPCs.

My fiance is laughing at me, saying my inn must be the talk of Cyrodiil. It's amusing, and kind of flattering, but I never opted for these NPCs to spawn here. They eventually leave and make their way back to their respective homes and cities, but I would like to see if I can cull this issue, without having to settle for a crowed in.

A funny side note, using "killall" is hilarious, they create a huge body pile in the middle of the floor. They seem to all spawn in the same spot. Anyone have any idea what the heck I did to create this madness? Or how I can fix it? If I have to, I'll scrap the whole mod and start anew. Just curious.

Thanks.

I did copy and paste a premade inn

These characters have AI scripts with daily routines telling them to be at that Inn at that time.

Well, I've been working on it again, this time no Anvil NPCS are spawning. But there still is one issue. I noticed this the first time I made the inn. Two NPCS from Shivering Isles quests are here, and I did NOT use any SI objects, scripts, people, or anything. But these two women (for the Doubles quest) are here. Any idea why?

Lol, welcome to modding. My advice is test your work often; don't try and build it all in one go. If you test in game after little chunks, something will still go wrong and it will still be something that you don't expect, but atleast there'll be less places in which to look for the bugs.

Lol, welcome to modding. My advice is test your work often; don't try and build it all in one go. If you test in game after little chunks, something will still go wrong and it will still be something that you don't expect, but atleast there'll be less places in which to look for the bugs.

Quoted for 100% truth.

Also, congrats on working through this-- too many people give up the first time something goes wrong.

Or, you know, the 1,001st.

<- is not struggling with finishing scripting at all! No, really.