Crashing

Huh... so it seems that Master Updating prevents me from editing plugins in GECK... Guess I'm gonna have to merge as many things into a merged patch. Yes I read that you can use Master Restore Mode to undo that but... meh... Edited by GothikaGeist

MasterRestore is a simple double click. Then do the merges and MasterUpate again. It's well worth it although I wonder, if you get all the merges working together, do you really need MasterUpdate? I'm guessing it can't hurt, hasn't hurt my simple merges anyway. (Oh, and don't forget to delete all the extra backups, makes for a messy Data file.)

That's good, FNVEdit to the rescue again! I recently posited this on another thread; do you use the d3d9.dll fix (or is it in your fallout new vegas directory)? Something about it disables part of fnv4gb.

Geez Gothika, you nailed FNVEdit merging and skipped right over MasterUpdate? Actually that's what got me through the 1.2 patch, been using ever since.

Nope, I don't have the D3D9.dll Fix anymore, since Obsidian did their first patch for Nvidia/ATI Cards I believe...

Uhmmm, I just saw that I do have a D3D9.dll file, but this one, is for my Enhanced Shaders, I didn't think that could've been the cause of that. Anyways, I'll go to bed and I'll try all this tomorrow without my Enhanced Shaders, That's too bad, I would have love to keep this mod, but heh...

That's what i'm doing. Just 30 minutes ago, my game crashed on a loading screen again after only 10 minutes of gameplay, so it can be REALLY random, and really annoying. It's definitely not a mod conflict, cause i tried vanilla, and it crashed too. So i'm gonna try to do a clean install, with very low expectations, it might works. But i'd say that this is because of the 1.4 patch. So if that doesn't work, I'll wait for the next Obsidian patch, and my Old world blues 1st gameplay will have to wait too.

For the 4gb enabler, I'll reinstall FNV and I'll be more cautious on installing my mods/change configator settings.

I might take a look at the Bethesda Softworks Forums, if there's any possible fixes, I'll try to put them here.

Edited by commander_tak