How to create colission?

GohanCZ

I checked some tutorials and some of them gave me error when exporting to .nif and some left the item floating. How do i make colission that actually works, like when i drop the item it falls like normal items in game?

I am using 3DS Max 2010 for modelling.

Simplest way I think would be to pick an existing sword that is very similar in size to yours. Open it in nifskope, select the meshparts and delete them. Then paste your own sword back in its place.

I'm hoping you have your sword mesh exported to a nif. Using the functions Block > Copy Branch and Block > Delete Branch, you can place your sword into the existing working nif and remove the old sword from it. Make sure it's in the same position or it won't equip right.

1. Open NifScope
  2. Open a second NifScope window
  3. Load your sword in one, and a similar in size one in the other
  4. These steps are for the other sword, not yours yet. Click the symbol next to 0 NiNode BLOCKNAME (looks like the "Play" symbol)
  5. Right click the NiTri... BLOCKNAME (Most likely something like Longsword or Shortsword etc), then go to Block -> Remove Branch.

1. If you don't have a scabbard, remove NiNo... Scb.
    2. If you do have a scabbard, open up the NiNo... Scb block and right click the one that says something like Scb, then go to Block -> Remove Branch. Then go to your sword, and get your scabbard's branch copied (right click -> Block -> Copy Branch). Go back to the other sword.Then right click the NiNo... Scb and then go to Block -> Paste Branch. It should be inside the Scb block, and to make sure minimize that block to see if it disappears. If it does, it is properly placed on it. If not, you may not have done it right, so you'll have to try again.

[*] After that, go to your sword and go to your sword's block. Right click -> Block -> Copy Branch.

[*] Right click the main root of the thing (the block you clicked the symbol on at first to make everything appear) then go to Block -> Paste Branch.

[*] Save your sword and it should be working.

Hope it helps :thumbsup: