Scripting Items to Teleport People

jcdenton2012

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to script an ingest-able item: stimpack, beer, carrot, apple, etc. to teleport a person to a landmass. Every time a person ingests that item they get teleported. I don't want a doorway system. The items can be picked up, placed in your inventory, and eaten for the effect. Does anyone know how to do this?

well I know if you want to be specific when scripting you can use a ".moveto" command.

ex:

player.moveto Goodsprings

however I don't know how you could get SELF in a NV script (self meaning whomever has the food in their inventory and eats it, unless you are only referencing the player, in which case the above example is what you're looking for.)

I think it goes something like this, but I'm not 100% sure its the OnEquip clause that does it, im maybe 75% sure of that. Make the following object script and make a new instance of a Fresh Carrot, then set your script in the script field of the ingestible.

scn AliceInWonderlandCarrotScript

OnEquip
   Player.MoveTo MyLandmassIdleMarkerRef
End

Of course you will also have to set an Idle Marker and make it a reference object in your landmass.

That should about do it.

drake may be more correct in this case, form what I've read when using "onActivate" is doesn't allow the normal activation to happen (meaning you will click the carrot to eat it, however, it will not eat the carrot, just teleport you.

However, if drake's does not work... then you could remove the carrot via script should the onactivate not satisfy your needs properly.

scn SCRIPT_Name

ref TheActor

Begin OnActivate
set TheActor to GetACtionRef

TheActor.moveto MARKER_REFERENCE
TheACtor.removeitem ITEM_ID 1
End

Maybe?

You create a base effect to be included in your ingestible form. On your base effect, create a new script:

scn YourScriptName

begin ScriptEffectStart

Moveto YourLocationREF

end

You also need to create a marker, like an xmarker, and name it and select it as persistent reference. Then include the name in place of YourLocationREF. Let me know if you need more information. If you look at a vanilla ingestible, and look at its base effect and its script, you can learn how it's put together.

Edited by rjhelms84