The Witcher Zangetsu mod

zukoiu

• 3 weeks later...

A sword taken from Anime, "real" versions have been produced by some of these companies making swords, like Battle Orders and similar groups. To the best of my knowledge they are basically concept blades and not copies of actual blades used in the past.

http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/weapons/ichigos-shikai-zangetsu/

Speaking as a person who has practiced swordsmanship for 30+ years I don't think the design is that good, the weight distribution would be all wrong, the one shown on this video appears to be just a flat piece of shaped steel with an edge, a blow to the side would probably snap it, there is a lot of difference between blades that look good and practicality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdxUO9yy7Ng&feature=player_embedded

The witcher 1 does have a construction kit i think, may be wrong but idk for sure

Yeah sorry thought I was in TW2 forum. I don't know for sure but I don't think it was a complete construction set, more of a quest editor, I tried a couple of mods some time back which seemed to be the standard landscapes and cells with different NPC's and dialogue/quests. Certainly nothing as encompassing as something like TES3 and 4.

Well i did see a mod replacing swords with katanas so it should be possible.

just didnt think people who like manga/anime things would play a serious thing like the witcher :s

I guess you'd have to create the thing in something like Gimp or Nifscope and then find a programme that will convert it to the right format for the Witcher game engine to read and use one of the existing file names so that the old file is over written with the new mesh and texture. I've no idea if it is possible to import completely new objects to the game world. I use mods and am not that good at making 'em. The TES is about the sum total of my meagre modding ability.

I dont think its possible to make new swords but you could replace an old sword with that mesh i guess.

Im also not good at modding, can fiddle a small bit with nifskope/geck/CS but nothing big