Laser Cryolator Standalone weapon

GlitchTheHunter

I Like a lot the Cryolator weapon but i dont like freeze stuff. So thats my idea, a Laser Variant:

- It must shot red lasers (as laser rifle)

- The ammo capacity can be 10 or 20 (it depends from Dmg) and It can use fusion cells. Maybe some variant can inflict fire status.

- Grey reskin instead of the light blue of the vanilla

and without freeze effects on the gun.

It also can be splitted in 2 mods:

-The weapon modification that put laser shots

-The reskin and the elimination of ice effect on weapon

Edited by GlitchTheHunter

I agree! But maybe instead of making a whole new weapon, it's better to have just weapon mods for the Cryolator?

I'd love it if we could take the concept that was already in the Fallout 4 concept book of the Cryolator:

http://i.imgur.com/l3gPh5X.png

I agree! But maybe instead of making a whole new weapon, it's better to have just weapon mods for the Cryolator?

I'd love it if we could take the concept that was already in the Fallout 4 concept book of the Cryolator:

http://i.imgur.com/l3gPh5X.png

Sure using weapon mod will be more interesting ;) But I think is a bit complicated put skins that change with mods (something like Red and/or Yellow body for the flame variant and Grey body for the laser one)

this might help? without changing the model or texture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwB2YCGGstk

I'm not good at being entertaining, but I think I cover the issues just fine. if the video doesn't help and you can't DIY this mod, you can PM me in a few days and I'll make this for you. but I'll do so at my leisure.

Im trying to do this with the creation kit but there are so much things to do and I dont know how this work fine. I really appreciate if you try to make this mode. Obviously you will make as you tastes but if you agree I can suggest you some things.

PM me with specific ideas, I don't tend to make stuff until I've pre-approved the project and someone PM's me. otherwise I tend to just assume they'll be the ones doing it. so...PM me if you aren't gonna do it.

Just changing the effects of the weapon are very easy; it can be done with both the Creation Kit and FO4Edit in a couple of minutes. Making it standalone and/or craftable is about the same (I usually asign craftable weapons to the chemstation). It's pretty simple to figure out - I did it by fooling around with the above applications and using Google. You can too.

For Creation Kit, it's all right there - just start changing the weapon's effects, ammo, projectile, etc. Setting targets on fire is a weapon effect, probably an "enchantment" like the freezing effect. When you're done, just quit and the CK will ask if you wanna save, click "yes" and rename your new .esp file.

Changing the textures would require some work using Photoshop, GIMP or Paint.Net. Attaching the retexture to the "new" standalone weapon is something I personally don't know how to do.