Laser Cryolator Standalone weapon

GlitchTheHunter

Just changing the effects of the weapon are very easy; it can be done with both the Creation Kit and FO4Edit in a couple of minutes. Making it standalone and/or craftable is about the same (I usually asign craftable weapons to the chemstation). It's pretty simple to figure out - I did it by fooling around with the above applications and using Google. You can too.

For Creation Kit, it's all right there - just start changing the weapon's effects, ammo, projectile, etc. Setting targets on fire is a weapon effect, probably an "enchantment" like the freezing effect. When you're done, just quit and the CK will ask if you wanna save, click "yes" and rename your new .esp file.

Changing the textures would require some work using Photoshop, GIMP or Paint.Net. Attaching the retexture to the "new" standalone weapon is something I personally don't know how to do.

Do you belive me if I say that im trying to use the creation kit from some days but I havent andaerstand anything? T_T

Then try using FO4Edit. I still make mods with it cuz it's easy to look at and use - at least for me.

Follow the instructions I gave this dude, but of course with the cryolator and laser instead. Setting people on fire is almost certainly an "enchantment"; look in Object Modification and find the Gamma Wave Emitter and see what that enchantment is, then copy & paste into the cryolator's Object Effect entry. Only thing I'm not sure of is how to increase the cryolater's range (otherwise you'll probably end up with a VERY short ranged laser beam...)

Good luck and good modding!

Then try using FO4Edit. I still make mods with it cuz it's easy to look at and use - at least for me.

Follow the instructions I gave this dude, but of course with the cryolator and laser instead. Setting people on fire is almost certainly an "enchantment"; look in Object Modification and find the Gamma Wave Emitter and see what that enchantment is, then copy & paste into the cryolator's Object Effect entry. Only thing I'm not sure of is how to increase the cryolater's range (otherwise you'll probably end up with a VERY short ranged laser beam...)

Good luck and good modding! [wink]

A dude already done a mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4132/?) that add a modification for shot laser beams, in this case they are blu because they freeze. So i think is possible

Oh yeah - Wendigo007's Better Cryolator. His mod description was how I found out that they was a cryo damage-type and was one of things that convinced me to learn to make my own.

Nice to hear that what you want is possible. All you gotta do now is make the leap!

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
(Translated via google)

In the first person and unarmed, throw the cryolator on the ground;

Select and suspend it;

Open the console command;

Type GETPLAYERGRABBEDREF;

Enter the supplied code "xxxxxx" .AMOD (space) 002266F2;

ENTER;

Repeat the procedure with the weapon created, this time with the code ...

Xxxxxx.AMOD 001A7623

ENTER.

DONE!!