Parallax mapping: graphical glitches?

Jopo0o

Hello, everyone! This is my first ever forum post so please be gentle... haha. Anyways, down to business. I am running over 200 mods on my current game. So far I've encountered various issues and have resolved it through scouring forums/readmes, using BOSS etc. However, this one particular problem has been in the back of my mind for a while and I have decided to finally bite the bullet and start a topic because

a. I haven't seen anything posted on this particular issue and

b. I honestly have no clue where to start on this issue besides installing a different texture mod.

Is this normal??

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8126/screenshot0biz.png

Shot at 2011-07-24

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5083/screenshot1jd.png

Shot at 2011-07-24

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9706/screenshot4oz.png

Shot at 2011-07-24

In the first shot it is hopefully extremely apparent that there is a graphical issue on the wall of Chorrol's shop. these glitches are found on cave walls, boulders tavern walls, and certain buildings in all cities. I am no expert at parallax mapping but I think the variables are off because the bottom half does not match its top counterpart. As my PC gets closer to the textures and scrolls along its side, the images tend to "flow" or "slide" what have you, at a much faster pace than other textures around them. I installed QTP3 redimized and also have OBGEv3 with parallax occlusion shaders and OBSE 20.6 if that means anything. My shader list is attached as well.

I am running: Windows 7 with ATI Radeon HD 5700.

If you believe there may be something wrong with the way the textures are displayed any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think you'll find that is as good as POM will get at present- it is a very new addition with the latest version 3 of OBGE, as you are probably aware, and as the author of this shader says himself, it is very much a pre "work in progress".

I reckon it'll be awesome if it gets worked on further, but presently, yes, there are some weird glitches as you've discovered. Question is, can you live with it and disregard the oddities- or uninstall it for the time being?

Thanks for your input. It makes sense that some of these glitches would be inevitable in game as the shader is a work in progress. I tried doing a bain uninstall of the OBGEv3 POM shader thinking it might have been conflicting with the QTP 3 parallax textures i already installed... to no avail. There seemed to be absolutely no difference whether the shader was installed or not.

I will keep playing around with the textures and updates and see if there is a conflict with QTPv3 and UOP that I did not already install a patch for (the various patches and requirements were a bit confusing to me).

I am also using AWLS if that means anything.

Thanks for your input. It makes sense that some of these glitches would be inevitable in game as the shader is a work in progress. I tried doing a bain uninstall of the OBGEv3 POM shader thinking it might have been conflicting with the QTP 3 parallax textures i already installed... to no avail. There seemed to be absolutely no difference whether the shader was installed or not.

If you try a BAIN uninstall you will find that it doesn't remove all the shaders for some reason- go into your shaders folder and look in override and delete all PAR vso and pso files- there is a lot of them.

If you try a BAIN uninstall you will find that it doesn't remove all the shaders for some reason- go into your shaders folder and look in override and delete all PAR vso and pso files- there is a lot of them.

Further to the above, if you check the BAIN documentation it actually states at the moment that BAIN installation shouldn't be used for shaders.

Huh. Silly me. I must have totally overlooked that! Thanks for that catch guys. A manual uninstall did the trick - I see no evidence of extreme soupy-ness. I guess I will wait for a later version of the shader so they straighten out the kinks.