Mods installed and enabled via NMM, but not showing up ingame

Testosterpwned

Hi Mod organizer hasn't fixed my problem :sad: Had to do a full reinstall of steam, reinstalled Fallout 4 and my mods weren't working. Now they are showing as installed and in game I can see where the assets should be: e.g. the haircuts are all listed in the character menu but all I get is a buzzcut when I select them. Everything everyone has suggested in FAQs or forums doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm so close to losing my mind with it all. Anyone have a clue what could help?

Did you remember to do the ini file changes again? I always forget that on reinstalls since it's one of those things you only need to do once. Basically it sounds like the mods aren't being able to access the assets which is usually either missing ini file changes or the assets didn't get installed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings!
Same issue on my end, had it for many months but never had the time to deal with it.

I've been going through some forums and made a list of any thing that might be relevant for the issue. It's pretty extensive by now....

System

Win10 Pro 64
AMD FX-8350
16GBRAM
GTX 760
Installed on C (SSD)
ModManager V0.63.13
Mod: Pip-Pad 0.1, CBBE 2.2, experienced with all other Nexus mods
Mod(s) require F4SE? no
clean install
Installed on C (SSD)
Mod Directory & Install Info E (HDD)
Fallout 4 V1.9.4.0.0
Season Pass, no HD Textures
Logged into Bethesda Mods, no installed mods
Difficulty not on Survival
Mods set to active ingame
Mods not showing up ingame
clean install
Installed on D (HDD)
Steam
Cloud Sync disabled for F4
Installed on C (SSD)
Custom.ini
"
[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
"
read only? no
Plugins.ini
"
# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*PIP-Pad.esp
*CBBE.esp
"
read only? yes

If there are any questions regarding the list, feel free to contact me.

Any help is appreciated.
Edited by Makara03

Go here, and follow the instructions all the way down to the "ModWiki CORE" section.. NMM is broken, this isn't.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Base_Mods

Just for clarity's sake, so I don't look like an ass just hating on NMM, I started having this problem around 0.63.9, where all my mods would activate, I'd run Loot and apply the load order, and like 3/4 of my mods would no longer be working, and effectively broken after that. So the celestial bodies guided me to this tutorial (really, I just lucked upon it), and it saved my FO4 life. I won't go back to NMM until the "NMM 2" comes out. It's going to be made by TannenOne, the very same person that made Mod Organizer, the mod manager this tutorial will teach you how to install.

Also...you're welcome. :wink:

Edited by Malachai6669

Hi Mod organizer hasn't fixed my problem :sad: Had to do a full reinstall of steam, reinstalled Fallout 4 and my mods weren't working. Now they are showing as installed and in game I can see where the assets should be: e.g. the haircuts are all listed in the character menu but all I get is a buzzcut when I select them. Everything everyone has suggested in FAQs or forums doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm so close to losing my mind with it all. Anyone have a clue what could help?

Did you remember to do the ini file changes again? I always forget that on reinstalls since it's one of those things you only need to do once. Basically it sounds like the mods aren't being able to access the assets which is usually either missing ini file changes or the assets didn't get installed.

I did the ini file changes. There doesn't seem to be any reason at all why my assets aren't showing up but they just aren't. I've used NMM, I've used Mod Organizer, I've manually installed. I've done the ini changes. I've checked the esp and the location of the files. Everything should be right. I'm getting to the point of just giving up now :(

I did the ini file changes. There doesn't seem to be any reason at all why my assets aren't showing up but they just aren't. I've used NMM, I've used Mod Organizer, I've manually installed. I've done the ini changes. I've checked the esp and the location of the files. Everything should be right. I'm getting to the point of just giving up now :sad:

i already did quit i got the same problem as you. uninstalled it the other day i was so mad.

• 1 month later...

Everyone, make sure you have asterisks in your plugins.txt as per https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4025695-how-to-activate-mods-for-15-survivalsteam-beta/ instructions.

DON'T LAUNCH FO4 SCRIPT EXTENDER.

Launch using the game launcher like a normal person. I know, it's stupid.

Basically we're all using the survival mode, even if we don't want to.

THIS WORKED FOR ME I HOPE IT HELPS.

This worked for me!! But now I expect all my mods that rely on the script extender will not work. I'm just glad to have MOST of them working now so I'm good. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Bump...

has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Doing all of this didn't work...

I am using NMM

I have changed the ini files

I logged into Bethesda through the game

I validated the game files

I already did a full uninstall of nmm and the mods, then re-installed nmm and the mods and nothing still.

Do you like, need the DLC or something? Do I have to use Bethesda's stupid integrated mods thing? Like, I don't get it.

Also, to re-iterate...I HAVE done all of the above please do not suggest that I change the ini's or whatever because I've already done it!!

**EDIT**

Hey guys! I finally figured it out, or at least what the issue was for me...

In my Custom ini I had some text that went above the required lines saying [Display] X = 0 Y = 1 or something like that and I got rid of it and just left the [Archive] lines and now it works...

LOL!

Edited by Tabitha

GOD DAMN

NOT WORKING !!!

# wafou not helpful

*.INI modified

Mods activated and reactivated

Games 3 times new installed and deleted

NOT WORKING AT ALL

All you tutorial for beginner all YOUTUBE VIDEOS not helful at all

LOOT

BASCH All tolls tested

Not working

Is there new Fallout 4 Version bugging MODS ?

Edited by xlodosx