ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Need help coming up with a Faction name

ABVXYzackattack

Hey I'm working right not on a mod that will pretty much allow you to make your own faction, like hiring NPC's, creating buildings, bunkers, turrets, sandbags, and reconquering the wasteland. Kinda like a group that is pro-Independent New Vegas. But I need a name!!!

What do you think would be a good name for this faction you get to control?

well need to know many thing like their colors that would be an great infor and then their is their code of honor if they have one. you have to think how they would think then look into the colors animals and objects that best suits them.

Are they all males/females? Are they technophobes? Do they have ghouls in their ranks? Do they want to conquer by the blade or words more?

How advanced are they in terms of Equipment?

i mean with infromation you can narrow done a long list to a short one. and look at the history of the region may help to.

Here some examples:

Vegas Lions - mostly female organization with few males in power armor or the strongest eguipment to protect the camps, they use anything they find and will conquer by any means nessary

Colors: Tans and Bronzes symbol lion head (DUH, lol)

NV Paldrones - Mixed orgnization with ghouls that use sentry bots to inforce their means and will bater for more peaceful solutions after all most are just technicians and scienctists

colors: Silver and black Symbol: sentry head with NV behind it

Vegas Bisons - Mostly male unit comprised of melee combatants believe in honorable one on one combat to decide territory

Colors: Black and Browns Symbol: buffalo

Gordon's Rangers - unit comprise of anything with intel following traditional American viewpoints before the bomb but have the muscle when the need arises

Color: Grey and Blacks Symbol Camoed Gaunlet

But then again isnt this like the legion in a way too?

BUT thing is like you said its make your own Faction so at a terminal you can script many names and let the player choose the name generally from a list you provide

Edited by Mardrigon

Everything is kinda gonna be chosen by the player, like equipment, weapon styles, diplomacy/conquest, but I mean also along the way you'll be able to ask certain factions for assistance (expect the Legion. they're meanie heads and would just want to conquer you :) haha) like certain factions will teach ur guys how to use certain weapons better along with the ability to produce certain weapons.

I like ur idea of the NV Paldrones, except the ghoul part. In general, I mostly just like the word choice :)

but alright, seeing how any choices are available, what other ones can ya'll think of?

holy crap those are cool dude. did u make those. i'm hung up between the royal flush and the wild cards. but i do think that i'll go with the wild cards because the idea of the royal flush makes it seem like they're are like five people ruling as a tetrarchy instead of the one leader, you.

If you did make them, could you possibly remove the "show no mercy" on the wildcards? if this faction can be anything you want, what if someone wants a peaceful faction, and their flag says "show no mercy" :P hahaha just saying lol

I don't know if Obsidian will finally put in the last DLC that confronts the Courier and Ulysses a faction for each one, but i thought in two names that i saw when i finished it: Old World Blues (it could fit for an Ulysses faction) and New World Hope (the Courier's one).

well no i didnt make any of the pics and the Wildcards is from old tv show call SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND google it aired aroung 1993 for few seasons

they got armor and guns you might want to incorperate since they are US Space Marines lol

the carrier US Saratoga

the Marine rifles

the marine fighters

the enemy

But try googling your ideas some times images help you come up with different ones that fit you needs good luck by the way too

Edited by Mardrigon