Script help

Ok... now I am really getting mad with this program... So I went to try an alternate method which was to have a secondary script be run for the armor selection, run by a global variable being set by the main activator script. This required material to be set as a global variable and it seemed to be all kosher to the script editor (not that that matters for crap) but it didn't seem to work. so I was going to go back and fix the original script and just streamline some of the excess lines of text but now I can't copy and paste the script back into the editor! It just stops at line 446 now for some stupid reason and won't let me add a single character more. Previously it allowed me to get into the 600's before maxing out, but now it seems to be stuck. I'm gonna try and run a cleanup on the ESP file and see if maybe something got corrupted, but I have no idea why A) there would be any kind of character limit in a script or B) why it would have lowered itself mysteriously.

I was working from the code you'd pasted, on which there was no silver. The (Button > 1) means that for inputs of 0, or 1, the output is only button + 1, but for 2 to 7 the result is Button + 2.

That's why it should be (button > 2) - the "break" happens for Button == 3 - Elven should work straight, then a gap for Silver.

so i went ahead and used the OBSE and it allowed me to complete the building of the script. It's 650 lines now, and I'm sure I could speed up the processes a little by streamlining the code, but I think at this point since it's working (and its working in game without having to use the OBSE) I'm leaving well enough alone and may revisit tightening up the form of the script a bit more.

Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions.