Elevators... HOW THE %$^# DO THEY WORK!?

SalesKital

I have a number of elev's working in a mod, an interior location, move a elev to an outside location and it will not work ..this is just a FYI, may have something to do with location form ...I did not look that deep into the issue, I had a option other than banging my head against the concrete.

If you moved it by just copy+pasting or cutting it then there's no reason to assume that all the references remained intact after it was moved. I'd go though and recheck all of the linked refs, script properties, attach refs, etc.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a number of elev's working in a mod, an interior location, move a elev to an outside location and it will not work ..this is just a FYI, may have something to do with location form ...I did not look that deep into the issue, I had a option other than banging my head against the concrete.

If you moved it by just copy+pasting or cutting it then there's no reason to assume that all the references remained intact after it was moved. I'd go though and recheck all of the linked refs, script properties, attach refs, etc.

well "move" may have been over simplistic ...built one from scratch on outside terrain, couldn't get it to work, so I copied and pasted a "known" working elev from an interior location, references etc were doubled checked ..still couldn't get it to work.

"Known" working being Ive created a number of elev's from scratch and they were working within my mod ...heavy lift cargo elev's, mine personnel elev's, vault double door elev's etc

I'm just pointing out that if anybody has problems with an exterior elevator, may be something to a location form ...or something of that nature and not something directly with the elevator itself ...being in an outside environment with tons of other entities (objects), the "elev" may be having an identity crisis ...eh

...I'm just pointing out that if anybody has problems with an exterior elevator, may be something to a location form ...or something of that nature and not something directly with the elevator itself ...being in an outside environment with tons of other entities (objects), the "elev" may be having an identity crisis ...eh

Well then I'd go look at an existing exterior elevator and compare how it's set up. *Shrug*

I could never get an elevator with doors to work so gave up. But making a raising/lowering platform controlled by buttons (one at each end and one on the platform) is dead simple. Let me know if you need help with one of those!

• 1 month later...

I could never get an elevator with doors to work so gave up. But making a raising/lowering platform controlled by buttons (one at each end and one on the platform) is dead simple. Let me know if you need help with one of those!

I need help with one of those. I used the PowerLiftMiniCartPackIn, and I can get it to work, but even though I have changed the bottom floor to 6 instead of 10... the cart continues to travel down through the ground instead of stopping at it's destination.

I have been trying to follow the discussion, but I get lost in all of the linking references talk.

I need help with one of those. I used the PowerLiftMiniCartPackIn, and I can get it to work, but even though I have changed the bottom floor to 6 instead of 10... the cart continues to travel down through the ground instead of stopping at it's destination.

I have been trying to follow the discussion, but I get lost in all of the linking references talk.

I really did my best to fully explain it here with examples, and that's the best I can do:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4125725-elevators-how-the-do-they-work/page-3&do=findComment&comment=44422430

From the description your of your issue I can take a guess at what *could* be wrong, though. Make sure that the helper is lined up with the FLOOR of the elevator mesh on both the top and bottom levels.

I hope you read the reply about the elevator data being PERSISTENT...meaning if you are testing on the same save it WONT change.

I hope you read the reply about the elevator data being PERSISTENT...meaning if you are testing on the same save it WONT change.

Yes, also this. Bethesda really shot modders in the foot here, and so anytime you're developing a mod with a physical area you need to make sure you DON'T save in it... ever. It also means we can't really play our own content till we're SURE that we're done making it, and I don't know about you guys but when I'm playing my own content is the LAST time I'm "sure" that I'm done with it, as that's when I come up with all my new ideas for stuff. :[

Edited by UlithiumDragon

What is an Elevator Helper? is it something extra that isn't included in the PowerLiftPackIn, or is it the DefaultSetPlayerOnElevatorTrig?

Edit: And yes. I did see that the persistent objects get baked into the saves. I am testing each time on a vanilla save, and exiting the game while I look at my pipboy, so it doesn't make an exit save(one of the worst features ever. Why can't this feature be shut off in the options?)