Transferring a set of mods between pc's?

malistaticy

If you bookmarked them, export the bookmarks.

If you use a mod manager, copy the load order .txt file

If you use neither, copy skyrim's load order .txt file.

If you don't want to re-download everything, copy your mods folder as a 7zip/rar file.

If you don't want to re-download everything and on't use a mod manager, copy your entire skyrim installation as a 7zip/rar file.

-Also make sure to grab your save files from C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\

Like the OP, I am trying to do this. Saying "copy the mods" isn't very helpful to a relatively new PC gamer like myself. I tried to manually copy over all the files and game files in my Nexus folders. The saves for Steam games (like Skyrim) seemed to work, but the mods didn't show up. And when I tried to launch the NMM, it gave me an error. Could someone specify which folders are needed or offer some step-by-step instructions?

...NMM...

NMM? Sorry, can't help you there. Mod Organizer keeps every mod in a "mod" folder and doesn't touch the skyrim directory.

NMM installs everything straight to your gamedata folder.

So, as I said, either redownload them all by checking your old load order, or copy the entire Skyrim game directory located by default at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\" and then try to install it again. Steam'll read the already-installed files and you'll be good to go. Trust me, I've done the whole 'copy everything' before back when I didn't use Mod Organizer.

Edited by FierySwordswoman

Ugh, that would be some real mess and that's why I always prefer doing everything manually so I know where and what mod is, plus keeping separate copy of each mod in different folder, so simple copy-paste works great.

Easiest way should be then simply write down mod names from load order and redownload them from Steam or NMM again, still a mess...