ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[Request] Legionary Assassins

Cyberweasel89

Okay, can someone please make a mod that keeps the Legionary Assassins from respawning? Even after I kill them, next time I go back to that same spot, they're always back! Even though I've got the "No More Respawns" mod! They must be running on a separate respawn system, but I can't find it...

I know that they're a great source for sellable loot, but the frequency with which I run into them is just ridiculous! And they keep killing important NPCs! I can't complete the Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup quest because they killed Fitz!

Can anyone make a mod that stops them from respawning? After I kill them in a given location, I want to be done with them for that spawn point, just like the No More Respawns mod does for everything else. If that's not possible, can we stop them from spawning entirely?

Well, I suppose for realism that's a nice thing to have. But I personally like them respawning, and to tell the truth it's more likely that they'd send more to the area, so them respawning is a bit of realism of its own. Btw, I like your signature. "I'm a courier remember? Don't you want me to handle your package?" lmao funniest one related to the game that I've seen yet. Edited by hadoumastery

Well... In regards to how to respond to your comment, I'll use the response algorithm for the mod requests board.

View, but no comment < Trolling comment < Criticism < Question < Suggestion < Actual help

So... Criticism is better than nothing. So... thanks. And I mean that. I'm not being sarcastic. You've be surprised how often I get ignored, so criticism is a welcome change from that.

Thanks. I only just changed the quote there earlier today. Nice someone noticed it. The is part of the Black Widow dialogue tree with Benny when you confront him at the Tops. Normally that would require the Courier to be female, but the Console makes loopholes.

Anyway, I understand that they'd send more guys after you. But the frequency with which I encounter them is just ridiculous. Besides, I have the No More Respawns mod. The Legionary Assassins are the only ones who respawn, and they keep killing NPCs that get in their way, like Fitz.

No idea how to deal with that issue, but I'd like to remind you that you still can revive Fitz via console commands (prid 000f0b31 , disable/enable, kill/resurrect), and/or restart the associated quest if it's not enough, then possibly make him essential.

You could give my mod a try... here.

It basically rebalances the weapon & armor lists used by the assassins (which makes everything more sensible, i.e. no more Centurion armors at early levels etc.). Sure, they'll keep spawning, but at least they'll be more manageable and won't provide the player with valuable loot early on (which, imo, is the biggest problem).

:)

Actually, Insolentius, that's one of the problems I had with them. I'm literally rolling in caps from how frequently they spawn with valuable loot, and that's the other ridiculous thing about it.

If you know how to change their equipment leveled lists... do you know how to get rid of them, Insolentius?

I just realized I'm having a similar problem with the Freeside Thugs... No More Respawns doesn't prevent them from respawning. But it seems there's already a mod to fix that. Why none for the Legionary Assassins?

Well, I've found the script which governs their spawning habits, but the sad thing is that I don't have a single clue when it comes to scripting.

Its ID is 001633FD scn VEFR02LegionBad2QuestSCRIPT; short of completely removing it, I wouldn't know what to do. I made the leveled lists changes because of the easily accessible loot early on, and the mod has worked lovely-jubbly thus far. I might try deleting the script altogether and seeing what happens. :hurr:

Edited by insolentius

Hmm... Well, let me know what your findings are. I really, truly appreciate you looking into this, and all the help you've offered thus far. Your mod sounds like the kind of balancing aspect I look for in mods. I may download it as a temporary fix until I can find a more permanent solution.

As for why I haven't revived Fitz yet... this is my no-console-commands, no-restarting-to-a-previous-save playthrough. I want those achievements. I only save to take a break or just in case I expect game crashes.

Let's see now....

Removing the script simply crashes the game upon launching, whilst setting the script's flag to 'disabled' does nothing. (maybe the latter would prevent the ambushes (which are, technically, part of a quest) from happening in the first place (i.e. before the reputation stoops down, which triggers the script/quest) but I don't have a save file that goes that far back in order to test it) :facepalm:

I guess that means we're stuck till someone puts his/her knowledge to use and modifies the script. (I'd be happy with them spawning randomly, each 4-7 days, because, with the way they're handled right now, I can practically predict when & where I'm gonna get ambushed (which fully defeats the purpose and intent of an 'ambush'). :confused: