Fallout 4 Creation Kit crashes when I try to edit an existing NPC

jemacdonald

OK...I'm a noob just starting to get into modding and the Fallout 4 Creation Kit. After spending a lot of time trying to update Bethesda.net and install the latest version of CK I finally got it to work. I figured I'd try to do a simple edit of an existing NPC (Anne Hargraves). Every time I attempt to edit her either by double clicking on her in the character list or highlighting the line then right clicking and selecting edit CK crashes. Surely there must be a way to edit the existing NPCs. What, if anything, am I doing wrong or is my problem hardware/OS related?

My home brew computer is an older build running Win7 Pro 64 bit but without SP1. I have been unable to successfully install SP1 on any of the 3 computers I own and Microsoft level 1 support is stumped. My basic computer specs are as follows:

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920
CoolIT SYSTEMS Domino A.L.C Advanced Liquid Cooling
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 Active PFC Power Supply
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card
Patriot Viper 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 SDRAM (PC3 12800) Memory Model PVT36G1600LLK
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels PCI Express 1x Interface
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3320418AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

Can anyone out there help me?

This problem many people and I also have:
1. Creation Kit for Fallout 4
a. I start the program Creation Kit
b. loaded fallout4.esm
c. in "Object Window" select Character->Quest
d. Right-click Create a new quest
e. write ID and Quest Name
f. Go to the Quest Stages
g. Create the right mouse button a new index =0 or =10 -> CRASH programm!!!!
----
d. select any quest -> edit
e. Go to the Quest Stages
f. select any index --> CRASH programm!!!!
Error Log windows indicates the file
MSVCR110.dll in the game folder
there is no solution!
Support Bethesda sends me to the Steam!
A Steam is not the developer of CK!
I want to laugh and cry! :)
sorry....

I've got the same problem: I cant edit some npc ramdomly,

I'm a veteran at modding bugthesda games since morrowind, but this CK for Fallout 4 is quite a Nightmare ....

it just took all my modding motivation :p

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I am just trying to look at the quest stages for The Castle to see how they handled removing the mirelurk clutter, and it crashes when I click on quest stages. No help seems to be coming from Beth on this one. I have read posts from a month ago that only got a "Send us a DxDiag" for a response.