FOMM Problems

Today I bought Fallout3 GOTY, it installed correctly and it ran fine (albeit on low quality). Immediately, I tried to mod it and FOMM failed. Said it couldn't find the directory. After running as administrator and messing around in with the path I finally got it to work. It could open Fallout using the side button, and it too worked fine. I tried to load my first mod, and that's where things went haywire. I tried to install MTUI-43. It said the mod installed correctly, but it was not in the main load order. All I saw was the Fallout 3.esm. When I loaded the game up the mod had not really installed.

I figure its one of two things:

1). My directory isn't right. For anyone who cares the settings I have on my FOMM are:

Mod Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\mods

Install info: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Install Info

Fallout 3 Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

2). It may be the fact that I didn't buy this for steam. It's games for windows live. I have FNV on Steam and I can mod and play it just fine.

If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

scarecrowsuperman - Hello!

I assume you mean this mod:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43

MTUI does not have an .esm or .esp file so they won't show up in your load order.

MTUI just consists of a Menus & Textures folder & it's changes are fairly subtle.

If you want to double check it's installed properly, go to your:

Fallout 3 - Data - Textures

& there should be an MTUI folder in there.

Go to your:

Fallout 3 - Data - Menus

There should be dialog, main & options folders plus a couple of .xml files.

Make sure you toggle Archive Invalidation on in FOMM or else it's new textures won't show up.

As for FOMM, if you can see your Fallout3.esm, Anchorage.esm, BrokenSteel.esm etc. in FOMM when you run it then it's found your Fallout 3 Data folder & all should be well. :)

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa