Fallout 4 Update 1.5 and Mods - How To?

VladTheImpaler42

Fallout 4 is my first attempt at modding a game and I don't know what I'm doing.

I've got a half-dozen mods installed and haven't killed it yet.

My son just attempted to update his game to Update 1.5 and his save no longer works.

Is there a procedure for updating the game and mods without killing it?

I'd like the update, but I don't want to start over.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Vlad

Same for me, I can play the game w/o mods but as soon as I add mods it CTD when I try to load a save file OR start a new save. Hope someone finds a fix soon :/

Make sure you have updated Nexus Nod manager

Try starting in Steam Offline mode.

If you have a profile stored in NMM use the reactivate mods option for that profile.

If not, re- install not just activate all the mods and make sure you have the latest version of every mod (some mods require a clean save when updating to new version or it may also crash your game).

In my experience mods that use a install menu with options do not always work correctly if simply re-activated instead of re-installed.

Then start trying to start your saves, starting from the latest then down, or somewhere in the middle. My latest 5 saves did not load without ctd after 1.5 and reinstalling allmods, i had to use a older save and lost just a couple of levels and no more then 4 or 5 sidequests i had to redo. I do make a hard save regularly and never rely on quicksaves or autosaves. Typically i make about 2-3 hard saves even before leaving the vault. Just following the MQ straight to Diamond city i already have 15+ hard saves by the time i get there.

You cannot afford to rely on quicksaves and autosaves with this game at the rate updates are released at the moment, the risk of a corrupt save and loosing hours of gameplay is to big.