NOT MODDED GOTY Edition Zeta abduction no worky

Real, store bought version. 1.7. Thats what the game came with.

What should I do. I can run the game at all settings maxed out with solid 60 FPS. Besides the "normal" crashes every hour or so I really like the game. I get the Radio message pop up for "Theta.." roll up the the ship, grab all the alien cells. But no abduction. Travel away and save. Come back. No abduction. Load 5 different saves and roll up to the ship. No abduction. So then I tried downloading the patch and installing it. Same thing. Game was already 1.7 but I thought I would try it.

Lastest drivers for everything on my comp. Evga board and video cards. I know its not my comp. Its this game. Please help. Is there some cheat console command like ABDUCTION TRIGGER=1 to force this action?

Should I try to reinstall DVD2? Do you know how long it takes for the DVD to finally load the damn installer for DVD2? Even exploring and clicking on the installer it still takes for ever. Whats up?

If read that the DLCs are tricky to get working, that they were botched. I dont know if the same bad files that went into the DLCs went on the GOTY DVDs or not. But maybe Bethesda can let me downlaod a NON cheesed version? NOT HAPPY.

BTW operation Anchorage radio signal never came up niether did the Pitt's one either.

did you try walking around the crashed ship? seriously, it took a few minutes for the game to cause the event to happen for me.

Yeah I walked around the whole area for minutes and mintues. I even ate RadX and Radaway. Day and night I tried it.

I even used the shotgun with like 100+ rounds to air juggle the alien corpse all around the area, on top of the ship, like COME and get me. I reinstalled the DLC (Doenst Likely Complete) disk and stil nothing. I may never buy a Bethesda game again.

When the ship got you, where exactly did it get you? Does it come straight down? Or across the valley? It seems like the whole DLC Cd is none functional- none of the expansions are working. Now I guess I will uninstall the whole game and try again.

michaelrm1256 - Hello!

"If read that the DLCs are tricky to get working, that they were botched. I dont know if the same bad files that went into the DLCs went on the GOTY DVDs or not."

I've got Fallout 3 GOTY on disc & it works fine. The DLCs also work great too. That's the real bonus of waiting for GOTY versions, most of the serious bugs are ironed out by then. :)

It's also already the latest version so it does not need patching.

"BTW operation Anchorage radio signal never came up niether did the Pitt's one either."

Are you sure you've got the DLC's installed? As it sounds like it was a struggle to install & it should have been pretty smooth & quick.

Do you have the quest "Not of this World" listed in your quests menu?

As it sound like you are at the vanilla Fallout 3 Alien crash site (it appears in the game even without Mothership Zeta installed).

Are you using Fallout mod manager (FOMM)?

http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640

If so, check that to see if Zeta.esm, Anchorage.esm & ThePitt.esm & other DLCs are listed & ticked.

Also make sure your load order is:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Hope this helps!

Prensa

As I already stated, NON MODDED.

LOAD ORDERS? Its the 2 DVD game of the year edition. I put the 1st one in. Then I put the second one in. Whats wrong with that load order?

Serious bugs Ironed out? Game always crashes.

Quest not of this world is not on the quests list.

"Are you using Fallout mod manager (FOMM)?"

NO. Its a NON MODDED game. I won't dream of modding it unless I can get the Fing normal game to work.

Zeta.esm is there. They are all there.

Why should I need a mod manager to run this game when I don't have any mods?

Do you think this mod manager can help with my UN MODDED game?

michaelrm1256 - Hello!

"As I already stated, NON MODDED."

I never suggested you were using mods.... :)

The quest "Not of this World" is the one you need to start Mothership Zeta.

It turns up as soon as you hit the wasteland from vault 101.

If it's not in your quest list & you have installed Mothership Zeta, then there's something wrong.

That combined with not having the radio signals for Anchorage & The Pitt point to the DLC content not being installed.

Do you have the quests - Into the Pitt (The Pitt) or Aiding the Outcasts (Anchorage)?

With FOMM you could have checked at a glance.

FOMM is handy even if you don't use mods, it's got other tools including a windows live workaround. Plus the Data files handler that comes with vanilla Fallout 3 is very poor.

If you don't want to use FOMM, are the DLCs listed in your vanilla Fallout Data Files in the Fallout 3 launcher?

If they are listed in that, are they ticked?

If they are there & ticked, untick them. Load your game, save & exit. Now tick them & reload & see if the quests show up.

Another way to check they've installed properly is to go to your:

Fallout 3\Data

Can you find these files in there:

Zeta - Main.bsa

Zeta - Sounds

Zeta.esm

If we can establish that the DLCs are definitely installed it would be a starting point.

If the mods are there & ticked, what happens if you type this into the console in game:

setstage 05000802 10

Open the console by pressing the key under Esc.

I'm having to assume your Zeta is 05, that's based on the assumption you have installed all 5 DLCs.

If you had FOMM you could check your Zeta's mod index number there (they vary depending on load order).

Does a message show up, & if so what does it say?

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Got the FOMM. Put the load orders as you said. All the files where there, so it must have been the load order issue.Now it works. Thanks a lot. Its piss poor that Bethesda couldn't patch this game properly, and some kind soul had to make this app to get the GOTY edition to work properly. WTFO!! Thanks again. This is almost as bad as Troika's crap Temple of Elemental Evil.

michaelrm1256 - Hello!

Glad you got it sorted!

The DLCs are rather good fun, Point Lookout's my favourite. :)

Fallout Mod Manager is indeed a gem & the creator of it, Timeslip, should be much praised for an exemplary tool that has saved many a mod user from pulling their hair out.

Prensa