ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

CTD when Loading Game

Stickman939

It isn't a mod issue, per say, but an issue with the code that enables modding.
This code, in fact. Straight from the Nexus wiki, I cannot load a game with it added to my FalloutCustom.ini.

Without it, I can play just fine, though I'm unsure whether or not some of my mods are actually working without it in.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

That code is what enables mods to work. The invalidation line tells the game to look in the extra folders mods make in the data folder before loading the game archives and the data dirs line is where the game looks. When modding first started, we all thought we needed to list all the custom folders in the data directory, but someone eventually found out leaving it blank made the game look at all folders, eliminating confusion of what folders to list or forgetting to list.

If your game is crashing upon loading with those lines in the custom ini file, it is a mod or some other file the game is loading, not those lines.

I have the same problem. I reinstall and update all mods and LOOT (see screenshot in the notes) says all fine (If I understood it right). When i start a new game its CTD the same with loading a savegame. Have no idea what it could be. When i disable all mods, the game crashes on start.

http://s32.postimg.org/jwl98fk79/FO4_LOOT.jpg

Edited by McFly101

That code is what enables mods to work. The invalidation line tells the game to look in the extra folders mods make in the data folder before loading the game archives and the data dirs line is where the game looks. When modding first started, we all thought we needed to list all the custom folders in the data directory, but someone eventually found out leaving it blank made the game look at all folders, eliminating confusion of what folders to list or forgetting to list.

If your game is crashing upon loading with those lines in the custom ini file, it is a mod or some other file the game is loading, not those lines.

It's not with a mod, unfortunately. Even without any mods installed, I can't use it without a CTD.

Ever since Far Harbor came out I've been having the same issue, upon loading a game(modded), it crashes after a short loading screen. I've been looking for solutions, most of what I've found on the nexus/steam forums is disabling UI mods or enabling bethesda's mod section. None have worked.

Edit: Solved. Incase anyone else is having the same issue, I found an outdated AWKCR to be the culprit, updating to version 2.2.2 fixed my main issue.

Edited by Korassu

I was having this same issue. Anytime I would try to load a save or start a new game it would crash. It was driving me nuts. Turns out it was the Pleasant UI mod that was causing it for me. The mod author acknowledges the CTD issue on the mod page and is working on a new 1.5 compatible version. I just removed it for now and everything is back to normal.

Edit: I should also add, If anyone else is having the issue with this mod, just disabling it didn't work. I had to completely uninstall the files.

Edited by TopherG