Can't Find Gunmar [Dawnguard + Dragonborn] [Heavily Modded Game]

Percephere

Title states the issue. Here's some more information:

• I've already searched online for a fix to no avail.
  • I have already searched Horker Island in Solstheim.
  • I went to the cave he's supposed to be at - and killed the bear inside. He is nowhere to be found.
  • I tried spawning him in via the console (Player.PlaceAtMe <ID> 1). He doesn't talk. He just stands there.

I am already well aware that my game save is horribly and incurably broken (thanks, Requiem). Specifically what I'd like help with is finding the SetStage command(s) that can be used to skip the whole quest.

You should almost NEVER use the placeatme command with any NPC, unless you know with absolute certainty that they are not involved in any quests, or part of any scripted events, players have been screwing their games up for years with that one command. I wish Bugthesda had included an exclusion into the command to stop people spawning quest related or scripted NPC's.

I'm assuming you've tried "player.moveto xx003477" (where xx is the load order of Dawnguard in your game)?

You could try using the stages listed here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_New_Order but be warned, it looks like Sorine and Gunmar are both scripted into the same quest, so it could break your game even worse using the setstage command.

Oh boy, what fun. I'll try the moveto command first from a recent save (before I used placeatme).

Edit: Using "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 45" and then "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 70" fixed the questline for me. Gunmar is now at the Dawnguard stronghold.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Percephere