Far Harbor CRASH!

aloadofuntitleds

Hello, I have tried to do everything I can think of.. Ive uninstalled and re-installed mods, moved the esp up the list and down the list

As soon as I get near Far Harbor's starting point on the island where you come into "port" the game crashes, so I've done coc farharborext and that works but then if i try to get out of the town or go down to the port where the marker sends you to talk to the captain my game just crashes and closes

Wondering if ANYONE
has an idea whats going on or if its happening to anyone else?

(PC & USING MODS)

HEY so if you're using either
Rebuild Series prewar houses by rdunlap
OR
Pre-Apocalyptic Walls for sanctuary. - PreApocalypticWalls by sir_awesomeness

These are the two that have been crashing my game, I'm contacting the authors I'd do the same for any mods you're all struggling with HOPE you sort it out

If not bethesda support said this to me

If you have edited your game's .INI file, restore it to its default state. Many issues can be traced to modification of the game's .INI file.
Delete your game's .INI files by navigating to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Fallout4 (default location) and removing the following files to reset all game settings:
  • Fallout4.ini
  • Fallout4Custom.ini
  • Fallout4Prefs.ini
If you are on Steam, verifying the game cache may also help.
To verify your game cache:
  1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
  2. Go to Properties then the LocalFiles tab.
  3. Click VerifyIntegrityofGameCache
  4. Wait for it to complete.
This should remove any potentially corrupt or broken files and allow the game to run.

HEY so if you're using either

Rebuild Series prewar houses by rdunlap

OR

Pre-Apocalyptic Walls for sanctuary. - PreApocalypticWalls by sir_awesomeness

These are the two that have been crashing my game, I'm contacting the authors I'd do the same for any mods you're all struggling with HOPE you sort it out

If not bethesda support said this to me

If you have edited your game's .INI file, restore it to its default state. Many issues can be traced to modification of the game's .INI file.
Delete your game's .INI files by navigating to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Fallout4 (default location) and removing the following files to reset all game settings:
  • Fallout4.ini
  • Fallout4Custom.ini
  • Fallout4Prefs.ini
If you are on Steam, verifying the game cache may also help.
To verify your game cache:
  1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
  2. Go to Properties then the LocalFiles tab.
  3. Click VerifyIntegrityofGameCache
  4. Wait for it to complete.
This should remove any potentially corrupt or broken files and allow the game to run.

Thank you very much! Deleting the Pre Apocalyptic walls did fix it for me!

• 1 year later...