Some questions

bencebence

Hey everyone!

I'd like to ask some questions.

- Can I make a creature don't attack back when you attack it (also don't move or anything) like a manequin.

- Is there a script effect that breaks every weapon that hits it apart from one specific? I'd like to use something like that.

- Also can I make a creature from an object? I still don't want it to move, just be a creature.

- Lastly how can I make guards really guard? I set travel package on them, like normal guards and set their class to guards. Still when I do something, they run up to me and say "Hi"

Thanks in advance

bencebence

Edited by bencebence

Alright I've made a little script for the "object creature". Now if I made everything well, it should set all weapon's HP to 0 apart from the mining pick.

scn testmining

Begin OnHitWith
if player.getequipped MiningPick
	SetAV Health 0
else
	player.SetEquippedCurrentHealth 16 0
endif
end

Did you set the guards responsibility to 100? if that isn't it, take a look a the quest called "Crime". It deals with what the guards say to you, maybe you need to add a parameter to include the guards you created.

The command "StopCombat" funnily enough cuts combat short. It only stops the reference, and only temporarily if it is still being attacked or still hostile to something nearby.

In future if you need to know if there is a command or function that does what you need, consult the CS Wiki, and look up "Functions". It tells you the syntax, what it does, any associated bugs and how to use the syntax. It also has scripting tutorials for many situations. It's where I go whenever I need to find something.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by object to creature.

Do you want an object that acts like a creature? I think that's impossible.

Do you want a creature that acts like an object? ToggleActorsAI

Do you want a creature that turns into an object? I think that's also impossible.

Do you want an object that turns into a creature? I think that's impossible as well.

You could simulate an object turning into a creature by having an object that looks exactly like the creature in its idle state, then disable the object and enable the creature. Of course, you could do it the other way around if you want to simulate a creature turning into an object.

Edited by fg109

Hmm, I have an object mesh. I want that object mesh to be a creature, nothing else. Just to make it be a creature. ehich I can hit, but it don't attack back and doesn't move. It would have that object mesh and it wouldn't move at all. If you know what I mean.

I'm assuming what you want to do is have an object with a HP rating, which you hit until it has zero HP, at which point you can loot it to gain whatever content it had (ore or wood or whatever). If so you may have to find a workaround so that you can't pickpocket the item from it.

I will make a script, using OnDeath, it'll give the X item, and there will I need some help again, then it should be removed from the game, and an unusable rock object would be spawned in its place. And after 12 hours, another "creature" will spawn in the object's place, and it'll be removed. (the object.)

If you replace the object on death with a different looking one, say a "shattered rock", then it'll be clear which rock's you've already mined.

Something that MIGHT be possible (but ask people who know how to handle meshes better than I do) - you COULD (maybe) be clever, and have a wall mesh with a shaped space to match the rock object, which it spawns in ... then when you mine it you'd leave a section of "wall" missing until it respawns.

You could circumvent all these problems with my new modder's resource.

FnCheckElig would simply have to check that if the object has the appropriate baseID, and that the player has a pickaxe equipped.

FnActivate would play the pickaxe swinging animation, and then calculate the objects 'health' loss, storing the result in an StringMap array whose key is the object's FormID. If you want some ore or whatever to drop, this could be placed into the player's inventory, or bounced off into the game world as desired.

That would basicly be it. You could set it to 'AutoRun', so you wouldn't even need to deal with the HUD.