Love

kvnchrist

I believe that love is something we all have inside of us. It is not a bottomless well, but the desire for love is eternal. Lets call this well a reservoir, because Love is really a finite resource. It can only pour out for so long and at so much a pace, until it runs very low and then dries up. At that time you become cynical and some turn to hanging on others, hoping and envying the love they have with others.

I think that a persons need the love that they have inside them, and the desire to fill that very special desire can never be totally fulfilled. They can fake what they truly desire and lie to themselves as well as their partners, but this will only be a substitute.

The only way that they can fully be the person they are is to find the love they desire and embrace it in the arms of those they need. Only then can this reservoir be replenished and this will allow them to pour more of that love out as the milk of human kindness out upon the rest of the world.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think that the love from others would contribute to replenishing the well.

I am old and cynical........ but, I still have a lot of love left in me. (which I disperse when I get the opportunity.) I live in a household of myself, my 'wife', (we aren't married, but, might just as well be....) her adult daughter, (mentally impaired, is a functional adult, but, left to her own devices...... she cannot adequately take care of herself) and two grandchildren, 3, and 8. So, I get, and give, a lot of love. But then, I read the news...... and I get cynical, and jaded. :D

Love is a biological emotion and nothing more.

There is no proof that love is anything else.

Where have you looked for proof

My heart!

/scarasm

Where am I supposed to look for proof? Where is your proof for it being anything else?

My heart!

/scarasm

Where am I supposed to look for proof? Where is your proof for it being anything else?

It's all around me. Maybe you should look there too; Love, Appreciation, courtesy, kindness, compassion, respect.

I never found anything even remotely considered love until I found out I liked myself. I finally realized that who I am is wonderful. What took that from me, in the first place is me trying to be what everyone wanted me to be. Once I found myself, I started seeing love in a lot of places I once only saw envy, before.

My heart!

/scarasm

It's all around me. Maybe you should look there too; Love, Appreciation, courtesy, kindness, compassion, respect.

I never found anything even remotely considered love until I found out I liked myself. I finally realized that who I am is wonderful. What took that from me, in the first place is me trying to be what everyone wanted me to be. Once I found myself, I started seeing love in a lot of places I once only saw envy, before.

What?

My heart!

/scarasm

What?

Break it down.

Appreciation, courtesy, kindness, compassion and respect are all different forms of expressing love. Love for your fellow man.

I at one time couldn't see that, because I was so into me. I was always trying to be everything to everybody. Trying to apart of the in crowd, trying to be something everybody else wanted me to be, that I didn't give who I actually was a chance.

I hated myself for such a long time, and ended up trying so hard to be liked, that I actually pushed people away.

Once I stopped looking everywhere else for the perfect me, I found out I was as close as I could ever get to perfection and that allowed me the peace of mind to see love where it exists. It's everywhere, man.