Survival Mode Canniblism

Zashyr

I don't if this has been asked yet, but I'm wondering if someone can help me with a huge problem I have with the perk. I really want the Cannibal debuff the dark craving to be out right removed or rebalanced in some way. Beth is obviously done touching it and I think everyone can agree the debuff is just annoying.

My Ideas are if the debuff were to be removed.

• Lower the amount of health your receive ( Your eating raw meat instead of cooked meat from a station)
  • Has to a chance to cause one or more illness ( ex. Weakness, Parasites, Infection)
  • Possibly change the amount of Hunger restored
  • Make the animation take slightly longer to make using it combat a real threat ( I know the exit power armor faster animation mod is a thing so can animations also be slowed?)
  • Create a whole new debuff that doesn't literally cripple you

I'm totally open to more ideas and my lack of modding skills is going to make it very unlikely that I can accomplish this task on my. If anyone has any tips on how I could begin trying to fix it myself would also be fantastic. Thanks and I look forward to any input I get.

• 1 year later...

Did some more digging and I think there is a mod that removes Dark Craving

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18193?tab=description

According to the change log, he finally got it to work right. You'll see a message saying you've succumb to dark craving, but it will cure it as soon as you get the effect. Hopefully, it will work with the True Cannibal Overhaul version that doesn't effect the cannibal perk.