Internal Windows

tigani

Thought I would post my idea here and see if it is possible without modifying the source code in a drastic way.

What I want to do is see out through internal windows inside of homes, inns, shops, etc. The mod does not incur a performance hit, since it merely adds only a few extra flat surfaces to any indoor shop, inn, or home.

The most ideal way: When the user clicks on a door to enter said building, six "screen shots" are taken in six directions around the building. These are then stitched together and mapped onto a cube as textures. The textures should be slightly blurred and there should be very gentle blurriness of glass elements in the window sills. The cube should be placed very far away from the building to give a nice parallax feel to looking out the windows. The screen shots need to be taken here to match the time of day that the building is entered. The camera cannot be swung outside of the building in 3rd-person viewpoint. Again, these "screen shots" are taken automatically by the software.

Not-so ideal way: The modder stitches these screen shots together manually, and then inserts them into the game manually onto the cubes. This would require lots of work, but seems more plausible for a mod.

Serious mod: Some sort of non-standard "omnimax" camera projection is used for the screen shot. These are mapped onto a cylinder instead of a cube. Or fisheye projection is used and then mapped onto a sphere.

So what do you say? Is a Internal Windows mod possible?

Thanks a lot for the link!

However, Immersive Interiors is probably the most complicated mod to install out there. It requires "All Natural" to be installed in a strange way using Wrye Bash. Honestly, I could not understand several of the steps in the readme. :unsure:

Well, Wrye Bash is nearly essential to use many of the more complex mods - now is a good time to get to grips with it. If you post the relevant chunks of the instruction here, then we can advise you as to what they mean, so that you can do it. You didn't expect something that fundamentally complex to be a one-click-install did you?

Hi there. I created Immersive Interiors, and trust me, it's not as hard as you think :P

1. Install Wrye Bash. Download the Installer Version and select the "Standalone Version" in the installer if you want it to be easier.

2. Install All Natural. You can do this manually, BAIN or OBMM. Just use the installation method you're used to.

3. Install Immersive Interiors. Download it, and copy everything from the folder into your Data folder.

4. Enable all your mods (except the All Natural filter esp. You know this as it will be bright red in Wrye Bash). Then find "Bashed Patch.esp" in your list and right click on it, select "Rebuild Patch". On the left, check the box by "Import Cells". Then click on the that so that you get a new set of options on the right. Click the big "Select All" button, then "Build Patch".

And that's it. You're done.